Air tickets to go Indonesia from Vietnam

Hi
Being Vietnamese citizen i can go to Indonesia for 30 days without visa . But i dont want to go back vietnam afterwards as i want to stay in Indonesia longer . I plan to book tickets to flight to Singapore(nearest ) and back Indo in same day .
So im going to book one way vietnam airlines ticket - Hanoi - Saigon - Jakarta . Will they allow me to flight without return ticket back to vietnam ?As i will book tickets to go Singapore after 30 days . Also Indonesian Immigration will they let me in without return ticket or they dont care ?
Thanks !

Possibly... NO  :)

No ?Not allowed to flight without return ticket ?

No, unless you have a work permit.

bbq0 wrote:

No ?Not allowed to flight without return ticket ?

ok looks like i have to buy return ticket .Poor me !!!!! :( Thanks anyway .

For sure you still can go to Indonesia as your plan. You can explain to the custom offcials that you will travel to another country after finishing your trip in Indonesia, that is why you do not have return ticket to Vietnam. The more clearly you explain, the more opportunities they give. Remember not to tell them you want to stay longer than 30 days :d
Good luck.

Isn't that a risk if you cannot board in and return home?  :)
Return ticket may to any country no problem. But still you need a return ticket from the country you are visiting. Of course some country allow 'some citizens' without a return ticket. Like Vietnam allow western passport holders  :)  Even though it's kind of discrimination(?) or the immigration thinks they have lot of green bills (?)  :)

Maggi Lee wrote:

For sure you still can go to Indonesia as your plan. You can explain to the custom offcials that you will travel to another country after finishing your trip in Indonesia, that is why you do not have return ticket to Vietnam. The more clearly you explain, the more opportunities they give. Remember not to tell them you want to stay longer than 30 days :d
Good luck.

Hey thanks for sharing ! But i worry they will ask for ticket to go another country if i tell them i will after 30 days .If yes , they would see my tickets to go Singapore and back Indonesia in same day ( unless i book only one way ticket to go Singapore and book return ticket when i get in Indonesia ).

Like any other law, there are loopholes too  :)
You just buy a refundable return ticket with the help of some friend here and fly. After you reach Indonesia just call your friend and instruct to cancel your return ticket and collect the money. After that she can transfer the money to your account or to your family. But you will get 80% or something when you cancel the ticket.  :)

bbq0 wrote:

Hi
Being Vietnamese citizen i can go to Indonesia for 30 days without visa . But i dont want to go back vietnam afterwards as i want to stay in Indonesia longer .
Thanks !

If they ask you for your return ticket to Vietnam, you frankly answer them that it depends on how long would you like to come back to Vietnam from Singapore within 30 days in Singapore. Try to behave as most naturally and confidently as you can, do not be scared, they just care if you behave like you do not want to leave their country after your trip. One more reason, you are welcome if you would love and come back their country just for visit.
P/s: I wonder why do you want to stay so long in Indonesia? if you do not mind sharing the reason, members here are easily to give helpful information for your smooth trip.

Not Indonesian Immigration, but check-in counter in vietnam airport will not let you departure without return ticket

CaliG wrote:

Not Indonesian Immigration, but check-in counter in vietnam airport will not let you departure without return ticket

I have never been asked for return ticket all the times going abroad. Maybe I am lucky or they do not care how long will I stay abroad :)