Hello everyone, i need your advice !

Hello everyone, i need your advice. i recently been offered a job in Dubai in some oil company,then the company refered me to a travel agency which is supposed to help me with processing of visa and work permit to the cost of USD 1500. i have been told by both my employer and travel agency that i have to foot the cost of processing the above mentioned documents and that the company shall reimburse me once i get to UAE. I would like to know the procedure of obtaining a visa and work permit in UAE so that i clear doubts of possible cheating by my travel agency. i would also like to know about the Immigrant expatriate clearance certificate. thank you

Hi aldrinmj,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that your post is now on the Dubai Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

aldrinmj wrote:

Hello everyone, i need your advice. i recently been offered a job in Dubai in some oil company,then the company refered me to a travel agency which is supposed to help me with processing of visa and work permit to the cost of USD 1500. i have been told by both my employer and travel agency that i have to foot the cost of processing the above mentioned documents and that the company shall reimburse me once i get to UAE. I would like to know the procedure of obtaining a visa and work permit in UAE so that i clear doubts of possible cheating by my travel agency. i would also like to know about the Immigrant expatriate clearance certificate. thank you

dude there are many frauds going on like this.

Check these thing.

How they are contacting you. If through email check if they are using official email address or not? If they are calling through phone check their accent. If you feel like they have wired bengli or pakistani or indian accent. Sure its a scam . If they are asking you to put money through western union . you can make double sure its scam. If they are giving you wonderful offers. Its tripple sure. They will address you 'sir' too much . :P

I also received this kind of mail. They also demanded from me an Immigration Expatriate Clearance Certificate etc

I received such information when I was back in my country, but after much consultations with people who had experience and also asked a friend living in the UAE to help me verify the company, it was discovered to be a fraud. So please thread carefully.

This is clearly a scam and a fraud.  No company that is offering a job would do this.  Do not fall for it.

This is something new happening. Never heard before.

I also got offer via email like this and they are  demanding 1600$, how is it  possible ? It is fraud probably . Am i right ?

@ aliserkan :

Please note that this thread is old and you may not receive any feedback.
If you have any question, please feel free to ask them in the Dubai forum.

Concerning your question, it seems that it is a scam. Please avoid falling into this trap.

Thanks,

Priscilla

I've just got this kind of email with interesting offers. Then, they say that due to covid-19 pandemic outbreak I need to obtain an Immigrant Expatriate Clearance Certificate and contact the attorney for processing this document. This is fraud, right? Thank you for all the comments above.

i just got an email from an very well named company in the UAE. I even reply back to their corporate email since they used a gmail account to send the job offer and they told me the offer is authentic. But also i receive an email from their legal partners asking me to issue through them the Inmigration Expatriate clearance Certificate and asking me to transfer AED8000 for me and my family. Does anybody know if this is the correct process? Thanks

No.. Dont ever send any amount what they asking with you.. Remember this is a money involve. Think that this kind any offer, you should talk them in a web cam, specially if you are looking for a job online. Dont ever jumped in to in... Knows there company first, what's there background, etc. There is no company asking for you a money to process your blah blah whatsoever... It means thats not genuine. Be aware..... 😊Hope it helps u. Thank you.

I have covered this many times before and there is even a sticky for this scam:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=853822

Hi. I received e-mail like your 19.09.2021.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is an Affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found successful for the requirements of AB OIL AND GAS - United Arab Emirates.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval.

Note: More details of your work scope will be given to you on arrival here which is not far from your previous work scopes as per your CV. We are sure that you will handle your duties perfectly based on your CV considerations. Meanwhile, there will be a 1 week Mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all the Newly Employed Staff which will take place within the Premises of your primary place of work and this Program will start in 7 days after your arrival for work sign-on.

COVID-19 TERMS: Due to the high risk of Covid-19 pandemic outbreak and crime in the entire world, The UAE migratory law has made it mandatory and compulsory that every persons coming from outside UAE to work, study or reside MUST obtain an Immigrant Expatriate Clearance Certificate (IECC). Based on the UAE Covid-19 Pandemic Outbreak expatriate policy: employee is entitled to personally pay for his /her Immigrant Expatriate Clearance Certificate papers which is refundable by the employer after approval.

We are happy to recommend you to an experienced UAE Advocate & Legal Attorney expediting services that work with both Local and International Clients. Advocate & Legal Attorney have established relationships with the UAE Immigration Service and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE as well as licensed offices in UAE.

KINDLY CONTACT THE ADVOCATE & LEGAL ATTORNEY VIA EMAIL TO OBTAIN YOUR IMMIGRANT EXPATRIATE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS WITH BELOW DETAILS.

ADVOCATE & LEGAL ATTORNEY
Designation: Principal Attorney
Contact Person: Mohammed Khaled
Email: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
www.khalidlegalae.com
Tel: +971521925940     

Please note that it remains UAE NEW Official Policy that all expatriates will incur the expenses for their Immigrant Expatriate Clearance Certificate processing which is inline with the UAE ministry of health and ministry of interior statutory to all expatriate who are to live and work legally in UAE must obtain the certificate for COVID- 19 precautionary measures. Meanwhile, we remind you that any amount you spend in obtaining the certificate will be totally refunded back to you before you embark on your trip to UAE.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and We are confident that you will be able to make a significant contribution to the success of our clients and hope you will play a key role in our company expansion.

Congratulations once again! Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
HR Manager: Ahmed Syed
PO Box 603, Abu Dhabi UAE,
Building Street: East Corniche Road.
Phone: +971588877673
Fax: +971 5 5952 0823
E-mail : [email protected]
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

to e-mail was attached job offer.
After, they send me requirements for make expatriate clearance certificate, One of them - PAY REGISTRATION/ FEE FOR SINGLE: (5,200 AED) FOR FAMILY: (8,000 AED)...

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please only use English since this is an English-speaking forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear friend,

I have been received 5 such job offers with suspiciously stipulation to pay for visa or ticket or Clearance certificate. I did not pay and never continue to contact with them, but unfortunately some people do and feed the scammers. Thanks for your detail discover of scam and prevent too many people from money and hope lost.
You are great MAN!!!

I unfortunately fell for it. I got same job offer, same approved contract, same advocate lawyer Mohammed Khaled and senior hr manager hassan Kyra,from AB OIL AND GAS. I sent 1500 for IECC approval through my bank transfer. I will check to see if money has cleared 1st thing in the morning. I feel so ashamed of myself. I checked it out and thy convinced me it was the real deal

@aldrinmj

I got the same e-mail too. Just yesterday. And tnx for getting such info. Its a Scam

Hello tmammo61,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Do not hesitate to introduce yourself on the thread  New members of the United Arab Emirates forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

I've just got this kind of email with interesting offers. Then, they say that due to covid-19 pandemic outbreak, I need to obtain an Immigrant Expatriate Clearance Certificate and contact the attorney for processing this document. This is a fraud, right? Thank you for all the comments above.

Dear Muhammad Ans,Congratulations on your appointmentPlease take your time to review our job offer letter in the attached file. It includes important details about your salary, benefits, the terms and conditions of your anticipated employment with us.EMIRATES CROWN PETROLEUM & MARINE SERVICES management has reviewed your experience, academic qualifications as stated on your CV resume and carefully considered your application and will be offering you a job position in our Company, according to your experience and qualification.Therefore, you will be reporting immediately as stated in the attached offer letter.

Please kindly contact GULF WORLD IMMIGRATION LLC as stated below for the acquisition of your employment work-permit documents, Contract Health Insurance Plan which will enable you to legally live and work with our Company.Also send the signed Copy of the Acceptance offer letter Last page to the government approved immigration Agency, through their contact details below:

Contact person: MR.SYED OMAR /Chief processing officerGULF WORLD IMMIGRATION

LLCAddress: NATIONAL INDUSTRIES PARK,P.O. BOX No. 19441 Dubai, UAEContact Number:

Tel: +971 551 275 296

Email: [email protected] ,CC :[email protected]

Please update us with the process between you and the GULF WORLD IMMIGRATION LLC in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide to them their requirements as soon as possible for fastest processing of your documents from their office.

Be rest assured that any expense you make for the processing of your Traveling documents paperwork/work permit papers shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report/receipt to us with your proof of payment by email.Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement immediately.

Yours truly,ENG. SILVAEMIRATES CROWN PETROLEUM & MARINE SERVICES

Tel: +971 562135062

Email:[email protected]

Hello muhans91,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your offer letter with us.

Firstly, did you even apply for this job?

Secondly, the company EMIRATES CROWN PETROLEUM & MARINE SERVICES is listed on a scam website.

I suggest that you don't send any money to them as they are scammers.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Be rest assured that any expense you make for the processing of your Traveling documents paperwork/work permit papers shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report/receipt to us with your proof of payment by email.Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement immediately.

Tel: +971 562135062
Email:[email protected]
-@muhans91

The site is from Jan 2023 - A very likely scam

+971 562135062 - All over 'woman seeking man' sites -  A very likely scam

Asking for cash - A guarenteed scam

If anyone has sent documents, watch out for identity theft

@Yoginee

thank you so much for the awareness and for helping people through this platform.

you asked that did I apply for that job, yes" I received an email from this company they asked for my CV and I forward it. after that, they sent me an offer letter with a high salary and all story that I shared above.

I did not even reply to them because I understand that its a scam

I did not even reply to them because I understand that its a scam
-@muhans91

It may be too late. Identity theft is a real possibility.

If you sent any bank details, inform you bank

@Fred I did not send them anything except my CV.

@Fred I did not send them anything except my CV.
-@muhans91

Name

Address

DOB

Telephone number

@? ? µÑ? ° ? ? °? º? ¸? ·? °86 Hi, I just recently received the very same email. Please advice if this a scam or not.

Thank you.