Delay in employment visa processing (2 months)

Hello everyone,

Following a job interview for a research position in Abu Dhabi on the 15th of March 2017, the security clearance took place and I got a positive answer on the 2nd of May 2017... An official offer letter (including an intent to offer) was signed by the employer and by me since the 13th of June 2017 when the work permit visa process started. I provided my French passport as I live in France, knowing that I am originally Jordanian.

Since then, I've been waiting for the visa which makes up to 2 months now. For me, this is totally weird as the time-consuming process is usually the security check, which was completed for my case since May 2017.  Is this long processing time normal? Is anyone facing troubles of this kind?

Thanks ahead,

Regards!

2 months is too long.. you can check it online just Google it... check visa status in Dubai.. then you can see whether it's rejected or not.

Hello, thanks for the reply.
My foreseen job is in Abu Dhabi. How can I do this online check?
According to my employer, the visa is in the preparation process and they are following up on almost a daily basis with the government. He added that no one knows why it was delayed this much, and he hopes it will be issued soon!
I don't know what to do

Ohh ok sorry Abu Dhabi not Dubai.
Here's the link

nrd.ae/portal/pls/portal/INIMM_DB.DBPK_VISAVALIDITY.Query_VisaValidity

Hello to all,

I got the answer for the visa to be ready. No explanation was given for the delay.
I'll be in Abu Dhabi before the end of August.

Hope we meet up there :)

Have a great day ;)