Cost of medication

after some research I  now understand there is no flat rate charge for a prescription item in Malta,  and each medication can vary in cost.
could anyone please tell me the price of tablets for high blood pressure or hypertension in medical terms.
my  wife  takes two tablets each day   and has a two monthly prescription which costs around fifteen pounds.her condition in no way affects her working life,and as we intend to move to Malta in the near future,we hope to secure part time employment to supplement our income,i expect to contribute to social security.
i understand there is a two tier system regarding medication,with blue andpink cards,but i also believe there is a list of conditions including hypertension which provides for free medication.
can someone please clarify the situation for us,as you can imagine we are trying to work out our budget  well in advance. (pppp and all that).by the way we are  both   British  citizens who have  each paid over thirty years  contributions.
any advice or answers would be much appreciated.
we are coming out for another visit in may and would love to come along to one of your meetings.
best wishes   alf

Read this, especially the health part for info:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=316705

When I paid for Perindopril, I think they were about €7 - €10 for 30 10mg.

If working and contributing you should be able to go the Sched V (Yellow Card) route but it takes time.

thanks for your help, that link is very useful.
cheers
Alf