Work permit

Would anyone have experience in obtaining a Work Permit ..?

From the newspapers and a visit to the Department of Industry, foreign investments I have learned that all foreigners in Nepal have to have a Work Permit if they are working in Nepal. This includes foreign business owners..!
Also there seems to be a 3 months grace period (today entering the second month) after which fines will be levied for being late in obtaining said permit.

Anyone gone this road before?
Good information is hard to find...

Hello!

Are you Dutch? If so, so am I. We can private chat as well.

I got a working permit. Quite expensive, so think about it what kind of work you want to do.  You need permission of the respective ministry, department of labour and ministry of homeland/immigration. Can take some time, or you need to have connection to speed it up a bit. Read connections and NO bribes. Although that might work, no experience on that and I won't feed them.

Cost are 720$ annually, 60$ extra for multiple entry. This is for the visa... think another 10-20,000  rs for administration, annually.

For business visa, which, if the terms are met, are a lot cheaper, but you need proof of investing. I thought 20,000$ annually or 100,000$ one time.

Maybe I should clarify a bit...

I already have a business visa, I have had one a couple of years already.
It seems a new law has somehow been passed, or an old law is being re-activated or whatever, but the new requirement for foreigners working in Nepal - even if you have a business visa and are working in your own company - seems to be that you have to have a work permit next to your 'regular' visa requirements.

So, I am not looking for a way to register a company, and not looking for a way to get a visa. I already have these.
I am now just looking to fulfill this new requirement of having a work permit next to the business visa which I already have.

And what I need is information on where to go, what would be the correct path to follow for obtaining this work permit?

Best to get a lawyer to sort it out for you.

As far as I understand; go to the department of Labour and follow their requirements. They are the ones to issue the permit. You need recommendation letters from the respective ministries, have your thumb prints done and a 5 minute talk. 10,000 rs and your done.

I believe the work permit was already there. The government has only just now begun enforcing it strictly. Yes, a lot of foreigners have been given warning, according to the government, in the first phase and some INGOs have been penalized. Now they say they will get even tougher.

To get a work-permit, you will need to be "sponsored" by the company or the organization you plan to work for. And the sponsor has to give a valid reason for hiring a foreigner for the job.

Namaste I can tell you only how to get a business visa I am Stephan from Switzuerland in Nepal from 3 years you can contact me qat [email protected]

Hello Stephan,

Maybe you can tell us how to proceed to get this business visa, i think that it would be best to discuss about it here on the forum itself, maybe it can help other members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

namaste priscilla i will rather prefer if you contact me at my private mail [email protected] i will tell you how to get business visa and i also know a nice honest lawyer