Area to live

Please can anyone tell me what Melleiha is like to live in? I am currently renting in Marscalla and we are having  difficulties renting somewhere here unfurnished. Have been offered a house in Melleiha and it has everything we need including price but dont know the area at all. cons and pros please

its a lovely village hence why we live here...

of course it doesnt suit everyone - especiallly if they have any mobility issues as its on a hill

pro:
location, view, small village charm. very close to nature (and it's rather rare to find a small stretch of land without buildings anywhere else), nevertheless good infrastructure (supermarkets, pharmacy, grocery stores,..) IMHO the most beautiful part to live in Malta.

con:
-from a Maltese point of view it's "far away" and people have holiday homes up here, because it takes 30min to get to Valletta, Sliema or Birkirkara where most people work.
- the windy, bumpy "road" between Mellieha and Xemxija

note: a lot of people from the UK live up here.

30 minutes to get to Valletta, Birkikara or Sliema....Are you going by plane??!!  ;)

Maybe Sunday morning at 5 am ?

ok, not exactly 30 min, but depending on traffic it usually takes me about 35-40 min to get to 'mater dei' by car. the bus takes about 40-50min.

thanks everyone.
My hubbie has signed the contract so it looks like we are moving. Have been twice to look at the property and it has what we want, we would rather stay in Marsascalla but cant get the property as we want unfurnished. Will have to go with the flow for now and see what happens.
My concern is how far out it is as my hubbie does not have a job yet, and we dont want to get a car until it is necessary ie he is working :unsure:unsure

Mellieha is very nice...quiet, friendly people, access to two great beaches, all you need within walking distance.

Ralph

roughly where in Mellieha will you be?

toonarmy9752 wrote:

I think you may have already replied to this subject/
susan

I think you may have already replied to this subject sorry I should have replied there you have spoke to my husband about it I think "rockin ken" it will be beside church.
best wishes
susan

rtintle wrote:

Mellieha is very nice...quiet, friendly people, access to two great beaches, all you need within walking distance.

Ralph

thank you ralph worried as we have made friends here in marsascala and we have been told its not as friendly there :(  and quieter apart from the tourist time.
susan

Bebop Sue wrote:

I think you may have already replied to this subject sorry I should have replied there you have spoke to my husband about it I think "rockin ken" it will be beside church.
best wishes
susan

i wouldnt say that

Hope you got your ear plug supplies ready !!

Terry

its the bells the bells.... might need a few wee drams of the bells to get to sleep lol