Looking for a job in Finance or Legal

Hi guys,

Currently, I am back to my home country, the Netherlands, where I work for an oil & gas company. Now I am looking again for a job in KL, where I worked already as a Business Analyst and as a lawyer in Singapore. Please let me know if there are any job opportunities in HR, Finance or Legal. If you need any further information (my resume), please contact me!

Thanks a lot!

Mark Nooijen

Hi Mark Nooijen,

I suggest you to have a look to some recruitment website available on the internet, i think that it may help.
I also advise you to drop your CV in the Jobs in Kuala Lumpur section please. :)

Good luck in your job hunt,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I hate to be bearer of bad news but your chances of getting an expat in these areas is super low. HR especially. That is a local job. Legal and finance depends what you mean but sound like you mean a low level.job. Again locals only or those with a spouse local. Obviously there are exceptions but none of these are expat areas where expats get jobs normally.   best net is to find a company at home taht has offices in Malaysia that needs a local speaker where they can get a work permit. Good luck

Hi Nemodot,

I have worked already a few years in Malaysia as a Business Analyst. Also in Singapore as a legal counsel. So it won't be too difficult I guess :) So let me know if there are any opportunities! Thanks!

If there were any, why are you not working in Malaysia or Singapore still?  The truth is that it is easier to get employment when you are living in an environment and able to network and attend interviews. Trying to get work over the internet and on forums is a non-starter, as people tend to want to see the whites of your eyes before talking about a possible job.

Hi Mark,

Nice to know that you are looking for work out here in Malaysia again. But may I know why you choose Malaysia? Also, what kind of job did you hold in Oil & Gas? It would seem that with your work experience that you might be able to run your own business. Also, in many cases contacting headhunters is not always the best way. It often works better if you are recommended by friends.

Mike

Hi as above more info helps ESPECIALLY prior to Malaysia experience! Singapore is different though, they are far more liberal actually although recently  reduction in expat jobs as unemployment rose locally. Same in Malaysia, at times easier to get an EP, now harder as more locals available and less jobs. So if that was 10 years ago it isn't a good precedent as back then "easy" to get an EP (I know from experience). now it can be hard if you are not in a position where locals are hard to find or unwilling to do the job (basically first criteria for expat jobs eg senior management/senior financial/education/medical (not dentiists!), second for foreign workers like building the MRT).. Do note it is easier to get a 'higher' paying job as EP application easier if >8k a month than 5-8k, but most big companies have an allocation of expats they are allowed (in effect).

As you should know Malyasia, hardly any positions of worth are advertised actually online, it is all personal contact. What about your previous employment? You must have made contacts? That is your best chance. They may even want you back of course as they knew you?

Yes I agree with Nemodot, in Malaysia it is often who you know that counts. Worth seeing if you can re-establish some past contacts to help you. Alternatively, if you have experience in oil & gas then you could also consider Indonesia where they place a higher value on expatriates.

I seem to recall from other posts on the forum your business analyst work when you were in Malaysia was associated with the services sector (dry cleaning etc.) at Jeeves. It might be a good idea if you still have some contact info from those experiences to make as many contacts as possible to reintroduce yourself and see what happens.  After all, networking is probably the only way to get back into the Malaysian scene. Some of the large international wealth management companies also look for consultants from time to time.

There have been some quite interesting opportunities for people who are prepared to live in small , as well as large towns, and teach English and help improve the opportunities of the residents.  This was unpaid, but there was a monthly stipend and a bonus for completing a one year contract. Interest in social causes was a requirement, but a teaching qualification was not required. If you want more information, please let me know.