Guns should be abolished , government boost security

it is not good to deal with guns because it promote violence , what we should encourage is peace , lets the government boost security measures , is better than walking the street with guns.

Yes every civilian love their life. No one needs to be shot and die like animals on a street or in a school.
Fortunately in my country we have no such threats.
but many countries that are under war or victims of its side effects have this problem.
Even in most developed countries civilians have authority to use a gun.
There are some news time to time about some young students use guns to kill innocent kids.
I too am agreed  Every government should stop gun permits to civilians.

mal wrote:

Yes every civilian love their life. No one needs to be shot and die like animals on a street or in a school.

but many countries that are under war or victims of its side effects have this problem.
There are some news time to time about some young students use guns to kill innocent kids.

Hi Mal,  :)
You said "Fortunately in my country we have no such threats. "
How about the Tamil Tigers?

John C. wrote:
mal wrote:

They are so yesterday.....................were yesterday.

Karimah wrote:

it is not good to deal with guns because it promote violence , what we should encourage is peace , lets the government boost security measures , is better than walking the street with guns.

Hard to argue with that.
In Syria, the government has about 20,000 in the military, and there are about 10,000 rebels.
22 million people are suffering because of the fighting.

Added.
Some countries are supplying the government side, others helping the rebels.
None give a flying rats about the poor buggers, stuck in the middle of the idiots.

John C. wrote:

We have no Tamil terrorism threat here any more. :)  It is only the history. Even those days they couldn't go everywhere with guns except Northern part of the island. They mostly did a hide and seek game and used time bombs, suicide bombs and other explosives to kill innocent civilians and our security force members.  :(
I here salute our war heroes who died while in action :|

mal wrote:
John C. wrote:

We have no Tamil terrorism threat here any more. :)  It is only the history. Even those days they couldn't go everywhere with guns except Northern part of the island. They mostly did a hide and seek game and used time bombs, suicide bombs and other explosives to kill innocent civilians and our security force members.  :(
I here salute our war heroes who died while in action :|

Hi Mal,
This means that not only tigers go extinct but also Tamil tigers went extinct thanks to lethal toys like guns (and their family of weapons).
I am glad that peace descended to Sri Lanka and I too salute all those who defended your country and lost their life.
I wish somebody said the same about the death of communism in my country especially because (edit added: it) was a worldwide madness ...   :(

Do guns promote violence or does violence promote guns?

MiaCulpa wrote:

Do guns promote violence or does violence promote guns?

Guns do not promote violence. It is people who do the promoting.
Guns are just a tool they use.
A gun is useless unless you have someone willing to pull the trigger.

Violence is used by many to subjugate and intimidate people into submission.

It would be impossible to get rid of guns worldwide.

Guns are man made and it cannot be greater than man so it is our responsibility to think before using guns....

Imagine if guns were illegal and only government, military, and warlords had them.

In many countries guns are actually illegal.
And many countries deal in guns on the world market including Russia, China, America.

Warlords are the worst perpetrators of violence and should never have guns.
Many governments and their militaries should never have guns either.

Whatever we say but its only purpose is to either hurt or kill someone...So to save man kind it should be abolished but for that first we have to bring back the humanity.

aryavrat wrote:

Whatever we say but its only purpose is to either hurt or kill someone...So to save man kind it should be abolished but for that first we have to bring back the humanity.

:top:

stumpy wrote:

In many countries guns are actually illegal.
And many countries deal in guns on the world market including Russia, China, America.

Warlords are the worst perpetrators of violence and should never have guns.
Many governments and their militaries should never have guns either.

But they do.  My comment posed a scenario where only those groups had guns and none of the people did.  The opening post mentions outlawing guns, presumably from the citizenry, and increasing government security, thereby leaving all the guns with the government and military.  I have to question how that is better.

How many medals have been won for shooting events at the Olympics?  Of those, how many people were hurt or killed?

The idea of only governments and military having guns is fraught with danger.
Both corrupt governments and militaries could use the guns for the own corrupt personal gain to the detriment of the civilian population. Which in essence means subjugation, death and destruction. Rule by fear.
In actual fact this is ongoing around the world as we chat on this forum.

aryavrat wrote:

I disagree . to a level.
I've owned several guns and got pretty good at handling them safely so I'm well aware of their potential for harm.
I'm also equally aware, guns can be perfectly safe when used reasonably.
Sport and hunting provide acceptable reason for owning a weapon.
However, I don't believe home defence is a good reason unless you live in a country where crime is out of control and the police are useless.
We see far too many shootings that, without guns, would just have been a fight and a bloody nose.
Guns are fine when in safe hands but ruddy dangerous when idiots get hold.

Guns are not the problem but the idiots behind them.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR