Playa Lagarto Eco Developement

I don't think you have to pay till your built and use there services ! That's what they told me. They also told me the lots were deeded to buyers.

For the people that have already bought from recap,,,

Recap told me the land is transferred and deeded to the buyer, is that right ?

Julie et bri, I will edit and then post in a week or so on youtube a short movie of pled development. if you interested, will send you a link

Ok, yes I know but is it deeded to my company ?

I'm looking to buy a villa in a few days ,
I don't know if you read all the posts but people that don't know anything about the project are being very pessimistic and rude.
It's hard to get good info, however your comments have been very helpful !!

are you buying already built villa? or you buying just lend yet? we just came back from CR and looked on a few built villas. no problem with the villas. however if you building, you have to be ready that may look not exactly the same as it looks on the blueprint.

Yes a built villa, so how many were built up to now ?
They said they would be ready by May?

I would love that will send my email !
Ty

"Now I see that people that don't,,bash the ideal completely."
Very few people have bashed the development ....... BUT ...... almost all of the people that you think have are giving you sound advice.  I would never promote selling you a piece of land in our community without you being here to see what it is like.  We rented four different houses here before we decided to build.  Do not mistake sound advice for bashing.

For the people that have bought in playa Lagarto, did any of you check what the process was to transfer your company to your inheritors after your death?

Good question, Julie.  I would imagine you have to get a lawyer here and have some paperwork done !

There are two distinct ways that this can be done.  We went with our lawyer's recommendation on how to do this without incurring large costs.  This is one subject that is worth talking to your lawyer about!

Julie, you get a Trust and put your beneficiaries in it. Cost is around $600. If you already have a trust, that will work but take longer and probably cost more than $600 to get through the legal stuff.

You are so right;  for some reason, we always push it for a later date.....as if we were not "due" to pass.......ever...

Good question!
All the lot at PLED are incorporated so in our case my wife has a 50% share as do I.   However, after closing on the lot we wished we had included our two children.  I called Recap Inv. and they said that we could split the interest in our lot four ways so the our children are named and included for an additional $800 US to incorporate our lot.  That said,  I am not a lawyer so I need to do more research to make sure this is totally legal in CR.  We have also included our land in our Family Trust here in the US to reduce US tax liability!  If anyone else has anymore information I am very interested

Regards Bob.

Really think about talking to your lawyer.  Ours was going to charge $200 for an alternate way to transfer a corporation upon our demise and because I had just brought him a friend as a client for residency application he waived the $200.  Ours is not an inexpensive lawyer as he articled in the USA and owns his own firm.  There is no way you should have to pay $600.

For you children's names to appear in your corporation, they have to be present in the lawyer office.

Hi you mean a trust in Costa Rica ?

Hi ermac,
Ordinarily that's not someone's first thought, being it with cancer at such a young age(34), your perspective on everythings totally changes. That's the first thing I always think about unfortunately.
I'm trying to get answers from recap and there layers at this time.
Ty

Juilie, Yes, a trust in Costa Rica.

"For you children's names to appear in your corporation, they have to be present in the lawyer office."

This is not true unless things have changed, our daughter is treasurer of our corporation and she would be hard pressed to even point to Costa Rica on a map.  My wife's Mother is Comptroller and her circumstances are the same.

Hi terry,
Comptroller ? What situation?
In my situation she doesn't have to be there.
Ty !

Now I'm thinking of putting it all in my daughters name, 100% share holder to avoid complications for my executor. Got any advise or knowledge on that ?
Ty everybody for taking the time !

Every corporation in Costa Rica has a minimum of four positions, President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Comptroller.  In My case I am President, my wife is secretary (the two legal signing positions) and the Treasurer (not used in our case) and Comptroller (our Comptroller is in a dementia unit) are just figureheads.  Talking to your lawyer is the best bet.  We went through all this five years ago.
Cheers .... Terry

I spoke with a friend who agreed with my saying that a future beneficiary  or additional shareholder must be present in person, here in Costa Rica to have their ID, passport # and signatures included in the legal information of your SA/corporation...but it is very important that you speak with a Costa Rican lawyer.. She also said that any 'beneficiaries/shareholder' must also be of legal age. If you are named as a power of attorney on someone else's SA..as I have... you must also do this. This is only valid for a predetermined time period, so must be updated frequently if you are operating on their behalf.
Please do not rely on information passed on through a forum.  I/we are only offering our 'advice' usually based on our  experiences, not providing legal advice, and we could very possibly be wrong.

Well said, cupacoffee

We have "others" on title of our corporation, they have never been near Costa Rica.  It has registered, passed, and been subject to the $200 (now defunct) tax for years, our lawyer set this up.  When our children inherit our kingdom they WILL have to be here in person for that.
Having said all that another lawyer will tell you something else.  One thing that we have learned is that there is not a definitive answer for ANYTHING and when you think you have one ...... someone will contradict it!

That is also right TerrynViv!  Seems like there are no set rules around here
!

Helo all from pled does anyone know how many lots are in phase 1 aND 2 and how many of those lots are sold or that would be paying for their taxes and condo fees. I see taxes went up again this year.

Hi Rocketman 58,
I was just told by pled there's 300 lots, 290 sold. Don't know if that's true.
Management fee $100/ mth. Ins. Approximately $250/yr.

Hi Rocketman,
Sorry I'm talking about the villas, don't know about the lots.

No such thing as a definitive answer....

So, you mean 10 more villas available, not one ?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : You should use only english on the anglophone forum please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

No villas, 10 lots.

here is the link to the short video from November 2015:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvGs4rs7I0E

there is also video from 2014 where you can see the unpaved section of the road to PLED, Lagarto beach, Santa Cruz:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhORgNvdCo

by the way road condition was much better in 2014.

Hey Roy,

I guess it all depend on when you travel as they "grate" the road a couple of times a year.  I have to agree, it is quite bad right now !  Hopefully it will be done soon !  And thank you for the videos.  Hope to see you and your lovely wife again soon.  M-C

Hello Roy-F
Thank you for posting your movies, l can see a lot of changes since our last visit 2014.  We plan  to go back again in 2016 at which time we hope to start the design stage so we are ready to start building in 2017.  That said, we would appreciate any advice we can get from you and others that have already been through the various steps! 

regards Bob.

Hi Roy,
Ty I really liked the videos, it looks fine to ride a ATV, quiet enough on the roads.
What do you think ?
What would it be like from pled to tamarindo on ATV (4wheeler) ?
Ty

Hello Bob,
Did you make a decision with whom you are going to build your house? or you just want to come to CR  to see houses that already built in PLED? I may share my experience with you when our house is finished and give you a few important tips if you want
rgds