Affordable, honest, bilingual real estate lawyer wanted

good day all
I am looking for real estate lawyer referrals, preferably people you have worked with or know. I would like to consult with candidates first to see which one is right for this job. Affordable, competent, and bilingual are required. Hopefully this post is OK here.

holisticdoc wrote:

good day all
I am looking for real estate lawyer referrals, preferably people you have worked with or know. I would like to consult with candidates first to see which one is right for this job. Affordable, competent, and bilingual are required. Hopefully this post is OK here.

We have used the attorney below and have been more than happy with him.  He is bilingual and his primary focus is real estate.  He has been specializing in real estate for quite a few years.  A friend of mine who owns a real estate company in the Southern Zone has used him exclusively for many years as well.

We are using his services at this time for a property that we're closing on next week in Sabalito.  Some issues arose with a few things on the property and he was able to negotiate a resolution to them all.

Attorney's fees are set by statute so in theory they should all be the same for each given situation.

His information:
Lic. Roy Jiménez Rodríguez.
Ciudad Neily.
[email protected]

Teléfonos
506-2783-42-22 (oficina)
506-8880-82-21 (móvil)
506-2783-58-22 (fax)

- Expat Dave

Thanks, Expat Dave, and congrats on your new purchase.
p.s. Would you mind if I tell Roy that you referred me?

holisticdoc wrote:

Thanks, Expat Dave, and congrats on your new purchase.
p.s. Would you mind if I tell Roy that you referred me?

Of course not, please do.  Just tell him that I'm the Dave that is purchasing Beto's property.

For buying real estate prices such as closing fees etc are set, yes; but not all fees for all attorneys.
For example I have needed a document "notarized" and was quoted nearly $60 for a 1 page document.
Went to another attorney and got it for around $20.
As far as I know, yes there is a price set for the notarization, but my attorney refuses to charge it. Not sure how they get around it but...

Also like for paying corporate taxes here when I was living in USA. My attorney charged me $100 to do my corporate taxes. At the time I didn't know that merely meant making a payment at the bank, possibly via his computer. Later I learned other people - attorneys or just friends - would do it for little or free.

Just fyi.

p.s. no longer using nor recommending that attorney. But I do know one in the Cartago area who holds office in San Jose once or twice a week.

Samramon that's helpful info! I have been interviewing candidates and you are 100% correct.  Their prices are all over the board. I am looking for honesty, experience and competence in the qualified candidate I select.  Mutual respect of budgets is also important. Obviously many do not seem to honor the fee ceilings imposed by law.
Please feel free to make recommendations as I am still interviewing lawyers.  Of those I have already interviewed, all seem very professional, courteous and knowledgeable in realty law of C.R.

:D I have a great lawyer now friend who is all of the above..pm me I don't want to get him on overload

Hola Pebs
yes, I would like to speak with your lawyer friend.  Thanks