BOOKS!

I love to read! but i haven't have anybody for talk about my books.
What do you like read? Which book you prefer?

are you an author ? I like reading books too, if i had time I'd like to read classics, novels, and fictions.

Both , I would l like to debate about books.
I love classic books and I prefer the full history.
My favorite book is Capitães da Areia, is a brazilian book.
But now I am reading Drácula- Bram Stoker
Which is your favorite book?

Hi!,
I would like to debate about any books.
My favorite authoress is J.K.Rowling! which are your?!
Which are your favorite book?
Now i am reading Drácula- Bram Stoker.

Cool!

I like classics like: the catcher in the rye by J.D. Salinger (my fav book and author for classics btw), but I always look up to Stephen King, I think he can surprise all of us. Currently am reading to kill a mocking bird by harper lee.

JK Rowlings is also fantastic, I couldn't put them all down. Very difficult not to lolol.

I have seen dracula the movie, but haven't read the book yet.

I read less now, as am busy, but still love reading books!

I never read books by Stephen King, but I want to read!
In this moment of my life, i'm studying a lot and i don't have time for read :(
You have interest for read a brazilian book?

The great thing about Mr. Stephen King's books is that some of them are already can be seen in movies, or tv series. Haven, was taken from one of his novels: The Colorado Kid, now in TV Series. Maybe you can look it up in Youtube ? Movies such as; IT, Carrie (there is a remake for this one, maybe you've seen it, it was out last year), Christine, The Pet cemetery, dreamcatcher, etc were filmed based from his novels. If you don't have time to read it, you can watch them lolol

I can't read Portuguese, but I know Paulo Coelho. I read " The Alchemist" , and I think it was beautiful, can see so many inspirations and courage in there :). It's one of my fav too.

Best wishes,
-Dewi-

Hi alicesoster,

Do you read any historical  and belongs to natures type of book?

DWSA wrote:

The great thing about Mr. Stephen King's books is that some of them are already can be seen in movies, or tv series. Haven, was taken from one of his novels: The Colorado Kid, now in TV Series. Maybe you can look it up in Youtube ? Movies such as; IT, Carrie (there is a remake for this one, maybe you've seen it, it was out last year), Christine, The Pet cemetery, dreamcatcher, etc were filmed based from his novels. If you don't have time to read it, you can watch them lolol

I can't read Portuguese, but I know Paulo Coelho. I read " The Alchemist" , and I think it was beautiful, can see so many inspirations and courage in there :). It's one of my fav too.

Best wishes,
-Dewi-

Hii!!
I will look this movies!
if you want read a brazilian book, I can looking  in english for you!
have you read a book by carlos zafon??  he's from Barcelona, your books are fantastic!!!
bye!

alicesoster wrote:
DWSA wrote:

Best wishes,
-Dewi-

Hii!!
I will look this movies!
have you read a book by carlos zafon??  he's from Barcelona, your books are fantastic!!!
bye!

Hiiii!,
Have fun !
I don't limit myself to one author, so sure ! recommend me some, and I'll look it up.
I like to read Indonesian books by Indonesian authors, but not sure if they have it in Portuguese/English.

Cheers ! :cheers:

alicesoster wrote:

I love to read! but i haven't have anybody for talk about my books.
What do you like read? Which book you prefer?

Hello Alice,  :)

I like Gulliver's Travels, Robinson Crusoe and Don Quixote.  I have read them many times and always discover new ideas from them.
I like everything written by Jules Verne and Gabriel Garcia Marques.  :top:

And one more thing.
You can see a list of best writers who received the Noble prize for literature from 1901 on at http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-bio/bl-nobel.htm:/

I like action/adventure books and have been a Wilbur Smith fan for many years, I find his books have everything, adventure, action, love, tragedy, also insight into the political and business arena. His books mainly centre around South Africa, but from very early times 1700 up to modern times.

What books, authors do you like?

Cheers
Scott

DWSA wrote:
alicesoster wrote:
DWSA wrote:

Best wishes,
-Dewi-

Hii!!
I will look this movies!
bye!

Hiiii!,
Have fun !
I don't limit myself to one author, so sure ! recommend me some, and I'll look it up.
I like to read Indonesian books by Indonesian authors, but not sure if they have it in Portuguese/English.

Cheers ! :cheers:

okok!
I'll see!
thanks!

John C. wrote:

And one more thing.
You can see a list of best writers who received the Noble prize for literature from 1901 on at http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-bio/bl-nobel.htm:/

thanks!!
Do you have curiosity to read books by Jorge Amado?

alicesoster wrote:
John C. wrote:

And one more thing.

thanks!!

Hello Alice,   :)
I am sorry, I never heard of him.
I also discovered a secret: instead of keeping on reading books, it's better to switch to writing books ...  :D
And another secret about books: instead of writing fiction books, it's better to write textbooks from which people with inquisitive minds could learn.
Yes, I discovered about myself that I could save the world ... :top:

scottgw wrote:

I like action/adventure books and have been a Wilbur Smith fan for many years, I find his books have everything, adventure, action, love, tragedy, also insight into the political and business arena. His books mainly centre around South Africa, but from very early times 1700 up to modern times.

What books, authors do you like?

Cheers
Scott

Hi!
I love books by J.K.Rowling, Carlos Zafon, Jorge Amado, etc!
I have many favorites books: Lolita- Vladimir Nabokov, Capitães da Areia- Jorge Amado, etc!

John C. wrote:
alicesoster wrote:
John C. wrote:

And one more thing.

thanks!!

Hello Alice,   :)
I am sorry, I never heard of him.
I also discovered a secret: instead of keeping on reading books, it's better to switch to writing books ...  :D
And another secret about books: instead of writing fiction books, it's better to write textbooks from which people with inquisitive minds could learn.
Yes, I discovered about myself that I could save the world ... :top:

Cool!
But I prefer read book, for now!!
Look for Jorge Amado, you will like!

I love to read and write books. It is a great experience.
In Reading you discover new worlds,in writing you divided this world with other persons.

I like to read books. I read only late hours of the night, because is the single time that I have.

Sandrinhafederal wrote:

I like to read books. I read only late hours of the night, because is the single time that I have.

Hi Sandrin,  :)
It seems you must start making more time for something good (like reading books) and reduce the daily noise which holds you back from doing something good ...  :D

I just finished reading TM 31-210 DOA Technical Manual Improvised Munitions Handbook.  It was a real page turner.

hi like reading books especially biographies of famous personalities and any book related to chemistry................

chodimella wrote:

hi like reading books especially biographies of famous personalities and any book related to chemistry................

You should read Madame Curie: A Biography by Eve Curie.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR