How to watch American TV programs in Romania??

I have been living in Deva, Romania for several months now and despite the many English language programs available, I find myself missing "my" shows. I have tried to watch them online only to find that I am blocked from doing so because my IP address shows that I am not in the US. I have even tried, without success, those programs that block your IP address. What do other expats do? I'm going a little crazy!

I've heard it's easy to install a free BT client like 'Vuze' and download the US/UK shows from sites such as 'Pirate Bay'.

That's a good idea, I'll try it.

Try channelsurfing.net

These links worked pretty well, thanks. The links for the streaming video don't work due to the fact that I'm not in the U.S. But as my husband says "Vivent les Pirates!"

buy a sling box, slingbox.com had one for 2 years now and i love it, get the cheapest model you do not need HD, will run you about 150 USD. It hookes up to the cable box in your home country, and watch live TV . Good luck

Try these. They are free. But they take some downloading.

fastpasstv.com
ch131.com
seriale.alese.ro

If none of the above work, I buy my fav shows from Itunes, its a small price to pay for entertainment out here in the village.