How to make friends in Romania

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Romania :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Romania??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I lived in this country and I must say that people here are very friendly. And many of those who actually speak English would be glad to meet foreigners. As long as they are not annoying, of course, lol.
Bars, pubs and clubs would be enough for meeting them.

When I first went there I hired a girl to be my translater for $100 a month this was 7 years ago. She helped me find a place and I through a small party and told her to invite friends and friends of friends. I made friends I still have today including my best friend. Another thing I did was quite risky I used a website called neogen.ro/ in the right upper corner you can select English. I met a few people this way who became good friends but mostly people go there to find sex. You really have to watch out since Romanian men and women are very good at scamming. Beware of new friends asking for money for sick relatives and every other thing under the moon.

fundatiacaleavictoriei.ro in order to find out how you can discover Bucharest and Romania through the eyes of an historian, architect, painter, politician, anthropologist and many many more.

Also, it is a good and SAFE way to meet up with other expats living in Bucharest.

Looking forward to having you at our next Expat Event which will take place on the 30th of January 2010.

Register at: [email protected]

i am looking for a romania girl to settle with me, loving, caring

@teiubes, i dont think this is the right place to do marriage proposals....
and @ aroundtheworld, not only romanian men and women are good at scamming,they all are.

Hi
Im am an asian girl staying in Constanta Romania as a tourist for 3 months.I was here for almost 2 weeks but i still did not meet a filipino people here,i wonder if theres a filipino or filipina living here?It would be so pleasure if i meet someone here in this city..Thank you..

I dont think there is a lot of filipinos in CTA or maybe even none. However there are plenty in Bucharest, mostly working as nannies. Thats the new trend here with the rich & famous, asian nannies.

The subsequent 1/2-year summary refers to the following circus:

- Attendees: ca 875 (25 weeks x 35; includes all meetups)
- Business cards exchanged: est. 3750 (25 x 15 x 10)
- Trade volume: 420 Mio Lei (my personal wild estimate), ask Tudor for more accurate numbers
- Achieved network density: only brain cells are denser connected
- New jobs arranged (mediated): I know of 2, but could be easily more
- New couples: I observed 3, but wouldn't be surprised if there were more
- Newborns: 1 upcoming (or only 1 admitted so far?)
- Beer consumed: we aren't excessive drinkers, but I think Elmar has the record
- Injuries: 1 only (hot tea accident), which is a pretty low number given the amount of co-motion our meetup has created)
- Meetup spin offs: Elmar's BH3 (Hash Harrier), Marina's Select Group, Tudor talked about creating a business meetup
- Meetups supported: Salsa-Network Circus (Valentina), BH3 (Elmar), Internations (Natalie & Delia), Gourmet (Andrea)
- Languages spoken: apart from African and Asian languages we cover probably all main language groups.
- Nationalities: ca. 50% Romanians and 50% other Earthlings, + Extraterrestrial creatures if you've watched MIB (men in black) - I think Ricardo is one - he suddenly disappeared, maybe to another universe.
- Bars visited: innumerous, and some still to be discovered
- Dance lessons taken: ask the Salsa members for statistics
- Songs performed: ca. 25, including one birthday song
- ELP synonyms: Exploring Lipscani Precisely, Everyone Loves Practicing languages, Everyone Likes Polka, Eating Lollipops Permanently,...
- Number of meetups: doubled
- Conclusion: We are the liveliest group in Bucuresti. We are so to say the MOTHER MEETUP; analogous to the mother-ship in Sci-Fi movies - always a crowd of smaller meetups around us that we are obliged to take under our wing.

Callincard,
Please do not make ads for external groups here: we don't go make ads for our Expat.com elsewhere either!
Things can be organized with Expat.com too :) Many of our forums around the world are organizing meet-ups with success!
Cheers
Arlette

Edited to follow your guidelines. I hope you will find this appropriate.

I have lived in Sighet for nearly ten years of and on and i have some good friends there.I have the advantage of first working there and then my wife is Romanian so i am imediately related to half the town. A lot of the time i wander around or sit on a terrace for coffee etc and people come up and talk, most of the time i havent got a clue who they are but it stops life being boreing.

International Women Association IWA, they meet every Tuesday at Intercontinental. it is a good starting point

Dear Christine,

Thank you much !

Could you please let me know - which time and where specufically in the Intercontinental?

Regards, Alexey.

I think she needs to contact iwa Bucharest, they have a website.
(Moderated)
Regards

Do you still have contact information of this translator?  $100 a month is a very good deal (I'd imagine she would charge more these days though).  I'd appreciate it.  You can send me a private message if that's OK.  I don't know if that's possible.  I am new to this website.

rockiniowa wrote:

Do you still have contact information of this translator?  $100 a month is a very good deal (I'd imagine she would charge more these days though).  I'd appreciate it.  You can send me a private message if that's OK.  I don't know if that's possible.  I am new to this website.

Please consult the BUSINESS DIRECTORY.  This topic has been inactive for several years

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I am from the US but I would like to meet people in Romania I really like the country and the language and if possible Sunday to move there or I can meet someone from there or a relationship

I am from the US and I would love to meet people from Romania I love the language and I love the country if possible I would not mind moving there someday

Hello,
As I can see this topic hasn't been really active however I am looking for generous, genuine friends, My names James 35 years old foreigner, like music, photography & technology, looking for friends with similar interests.

Cheers.

Hi looking for someone to be friend agh plus minus 40s would be great obviously a female. Thanks

Hi how are you doing.  U can make friends here if you know the language 😉. I am also in Romania but I don't know the language very well and this is the issue. Have a good day

revensknit wrote:

Hi looking for someone to be friend agh plus minus 40s would be great obviously a female. Thanks

Please introduce you more....

Are you a male?

Can we learn to each others  because i like People WHO live in romanien

How about this event ?

https://www.expat.com/en/events/europe/ … 32022.html

https://www.expat.com/upload/events/covers/04c5848e923b781e069f3.png?r=9po500vc86s

Pics from the event :

img_20220330_200657-1.jpg?w=1400&h=img_20220330_202403-1.jpg?w=1400&h=
img_20220330_202727-1.jpg?w=1400&h=

REGULAR WEDNESDAY Meetup

Restaurant Mantuleasa 40
Strada Mantuleasa 40, Bucuresti
Wednesday April 13th, 2022
7PM
CASH ONLY.
THIS RESTAURANTS ACCEPTS CASH ONLY.
How do Meetups work?
You come to the meeting point, you ask the people you see if they are from the Meetup, they say 'yes', then you start having a conversation with them.... it's that simple. It's pretty much what we used to do in 1999.
" Second Wednesday " of the month Regular Networking Meet
Regular networking relaxed meetups for expats, repats and locals. It is mainly about socializing and having a good time. Join us at our regular events and find out for yourself!

Tudor Seicarescu and the rest of the team278077759_1460675174386577_8783358399811

- @callincard
callincard,

You already have a topic for advertising your events (which you've been given lenience to do so), and you've previously been asked not to advertise on this topic as well.

Romaniac

@daexpat please contact me through whatsapp number*****

Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : Please share contact details via private message, thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
I feel the same 3. I am plan to move to Romania . It very beautifulplace
I  from USA. @Lindsaysalinas89

Hello

Hello

I'm happy to be here

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Romania Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Romania?? Thanks in advance for your participation [email protected] really love Romania and that's why I need friends to hook up with

@EuropeWord

im here to help u

im firaolfrom ethiopia

@callincard

hello dear im firaol tsehay i want to visit  romaina

but i dont have a person who cam send me an invitation pleasss help me

@EuropeWord
im here to help u
im firaolfrom ethiopia

-@Firaol Tsehay96

@Firaol Tsehay96

They have not visited the site in 14 years! How are you going to help if you do not live in Romania?

Closed