Interview advice - Finance

Hi all, quick introduction, I am an operational risk manager currently living in Jersey (Channel Islands) I am awaiting an entry visa to arrange a final interview in Kuwait (with a local bank) and was hoping to get some interview tips.

I have picked up on the earlier thread and wanted to know the following:

What clothing will be acceptable, i.e. I have several linen suits and like to wear strong colours such as reds/ pinks etc is this acceptable or should I wear more neutral colours like plain blue/ white?

Do local companies utilise competency based interviews, chronological interviews or just the formal Q&A style?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

Rob

It is very hot now, keep in mind how bad linen wrinkles.  JUst an FYI. Also, if you are interviewed by someone other than an ex-pat, that 5 to 10 minutes of casual chit chat is expected. How was your flight, do you like where you live, weather, anything but the business at hand. Don't jump right into an interview mode. It is considered bad form. If offered a drink, always accept.

the interviews I went on began as a kind of history of the company and proceeded to Q & A. But then they wanted a 2nd interview as well. You never know. Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you for the responses. I kept with the milder colours/ no linen and remembered the 5-10 mins of chit/ chat.

Hopefully I'll be asking more questions shortly!!

Thank you.

Rob

Best of Luck :)