Italian Schengen Visa - anybody applied recently?

Hi all,

Has any of you applied for an Italian visa from Jeddah recently?  Just wondering how long they took to give an answer.

For whatever stupid reason, all Schengen visa applications require a ticket/booking and an exit re-entry as part of the visa application.  As if I could somehow travel without a ticket and without an exit re-entry if they were to approve my visa application :rolleyes:.

Thanks.

[2 years ago I applied for a French visa and the jerks denied me a visa, so I ended up losing the non-refundable ticket and the fee for the exit re-entry... this time I will get a refundable ticket.]

Anybody?

I think a confirmed return booking would be sufficient. Regarding hotel, use booking.com and make sure to select the one with FREE CANCELLATION.
Hope it helps!

-J

Yes, a booking is sufficient, but I went ahead and bought a refundable ticket because Saudia has a sale on right now.  Return to Milan for 2,000!!!  And non-refundable for just 1,500 :o.

Thanks for the advice about hotel, but I didnt ask about that in my post (will be staying with family).  This is what I want to know:

Has any of you applied for an Italian visa from Jeddah recently?  Just wondering how long they took to give an answer.

I applied about 7-8 months back, had to submit re-entry visa along with soft airline bookings (not required to buy it) along with the other set of documents

It was through Fifa agency: go to this website and select Italy
http://www.alfifa.com/Embassy/embassy.html

I wish people could read... sigh.

a Week :D

man, your question is like a ninja, hidden between the lines!!