Visit Visa Duration for Father

Hi,

I had applied for Visit Visa for my Father "Online"(https://visa.mofa.gov.sa) on 20/Oct and MOFA approved the visa on 24/Oct . Although I had requested for 90 days but MOFA issued the Visa only for 30 days. Can anybody advise what could be the reason for this reduction in stay?

I am sure, my profession and the Nitaqat Band of my employer can't be the reason as I have decent profession on Iqama and my employer is in Platinum band so these should not be an issue.

Please advise if anyone has very recent experience of getting 90 days stay visa for their parents?

I am in dire need to consult regarding the duration of stay.

Can it be because I had applied before 1st Muharram?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Congrats. I'm a bit surprised on your post.

I think you must be happy that they didn't reject the application. The success rate of a visit visa application with 90 days request is very low. The lower days you specify, the higher are the chances of approval.

You can renew the visa (recursively) for max 9 months.

Thank you for the response.

I am not an expert in this affairs but I heard from unauthorized sources that the Visa can be extended only thrice. This means, I would be able to extend the Visa for 3 months as the Visa is approved for 30 days stay. Can you please confirm, that the approved stay period would not be a concern and I would be able to extend the Visa for 9 months (recursively)?

Please advise.

On a side note, in an offline discussion , I got to know that, Arab News has reported a news about the decision from the Government to NOT extend the Visit Visa as used to be the practice so far. Any idea/news on this?

All these things are hear-says. And rules change here overnight.

I've heard that they are considering a suggestion to extend it to 18 months max. Let us wait and watch. The next 2 weeks are crucial.

I appreciate your quick response.

If we go by current scheme of things, will I be able to extend the Visa only thrice(3 months) or 9 months as you mentioned earlier in the post, irrespective of Approved Stay?

Thank you once again for advice.

expat.new wrote:

I appreciate your quick response.

If we go by current scheme of things, will I be able to extend the Visa only thrice(3 months) or 9 months as you mentioned earlier in the post, irrespective of Approved Stay?

Thank you once again for advice.

The visa will be extended to the same no of days it has been issued, so in this case you will get 30 days extension for a max no of three times. This has been the procedure, but then again as TLL said, no fixed rules anything can happen.