Things to consider while taking used cars

Hi all,
I am looking for a used car. Apart from the vehicle condition, what else we should be looking for/careful while taking a used vehicle.

Looking forward for your recommendations.

kindheart wrote:

Hi all,
I am looking for a used car. Apart from the vehicle condition, what else we should be looking for/careful while taking a used vehicle.

Looking forward for your recommendations.

Vehicle condition is the major parameter while buying a used car, any thing else to consider will fall in the same category like vehicle condition i.e. accident history, quality of car interior and exterior finish etc.

I'd like to add a couple of things here as I personaly had the worst experience, while selling my ex car.

While going to purchase a used car, the buyer should have in mind that its a USED one and not the brand new, hence never check the car as a brand new vehicle because there must be atleast few cosmetic works which the buyer will have to do, like changing the oils, replacing bulbs, few switches may be etc. Don't expect that you'll get a brand new vehicle in a limited budget.

I have seen time wasters, getting the car into some computerized garrages to check each and every single sensor and they expect it to be 100%, however it is not practically possible. So keep these things in mind, getting a used car.  Or else, fill your pocket and go to a showroom :)

Thanx Schaz and VidoDido for your valuable thoughts. Are there anything in the paperwork to be careful with?

Thank you all again.

Kindheart!
Procedure of the name change in Oman is quite easier. Once the deal is finalized, the seller will change the insurance to the buyer's name (That takes OMR 5 and to be paid by the seller. He will require your ID copy). Then afterwards, both of the seller and buyer will have to visit the nearest ROP station to convert the owner name on the MULKIA (The vehicle registration card). It takes hardly 5 minutes to do so.

The most important thing while going to buy used car, don't forget money at home.

Thanks a lot guys.....