Transferring UAE driving license (automatic) to Oman

Can anyone advise me on driving license please:

1) I hold valid UAE driving license (automatic)
2) Currently in Oman, I want to drive here too. Can I get the UAE driving license transferred to Oman license without any further driving tests?

Sir,
Recently I have moved from UAE to Oman and facing the similar situation. Do let me know if you get any response or feedback regarding this topic/issue?

Dears,

As per the latest traffic regulations and amendments (updated Aug. 2016), an automatic driving license from UAE cannot be directly swapped for Omani driving license. For exchange into an Omani license, you have to surrender the UAE automatic license at ROP office and get a driving school booklet for RO 5. Later you have to give a slope and final road test over a manual car, only after passing of which you will be issued an Omani driving license.

Please also note that, Omani driving licenses have no distinctions such as manual or automatic. They are a single type of driving license document.

I hope that answers your query. Please let me know if you need any further info. My mob. no in Sohar ***. Thanks.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Sir, thank you for your reply. But why should we surrender our UAE licence when they ask us to follow the normal process. What is the benefit of surrendering?

@indian.expat.gcc  i have uae license

Just go to the muroor if you are in Muscat you have to go to Seeb Muroor and you can get it transferred right away. It should be valid though.

Hello @sohailmuhammad239 and Adil Saleem,

Please note that you are responding to an old thread...

all the best

Bhavna

@indian.expat.gcc Hi i have been moved to oman from uae its been 1 year.. I also searched a lot no one gave me clear explanation..  Recently i convert my uae automatic driving licence to oman.. here is the procedure..

Go to MOEI app of UAE.. or let your friend anyone to go Traffic dept of UAE to get NO OBJECTION LETTER it will charge by mobile app 100 dhs or if you go direct to UAE traffic dept they will charge 150 dhs(there is typing center will involve).. that will tesify that you don't have any black point or any traffic violence.. Once you get NOC from uae then make eye test and blood test in oman.. and go to nearby Traffic dept of Oman..(i went to Rustaq)..  They will give you an application around 1 rial or less something.. you have pay by bank card only.. You have to fill application by Arabic so make sure you can.. That's it simply they provide you oman driving licence for 10 Rial charges..