Thank heavens for this forum..........

I was just meandering through various 'other' sites to see if there were any similarities to this one with the idea of looking at the way they serve people who invite questions about Malta and possibly with the hope of sharing some 'good practice'.

What I found was totally abhorrent.

There is a site, not too dissimilar, to this one where a new 'guest' had posted a series of questions (under one post I might add) about various life styles and views on Malta and its inhabitants.  The vitriolic, arrogant, condescending, pompous and pretentious response took my breath away. I, honestly, had to read the thread again to make sure I had not stumbled upon an 'in-joke'..........nope I hadn't.

I am so pleased to be a member of such a free giving, friendly, welcoming and sociable forum who continuously answer questions for those who seek information (regardless of if they have been asked 20 times before).

I have said to Rose......if I ever get as cantankerous as that in the future then she is to make an appointment at the Dignitas Clinic for me.

Just to say thank you to all that make this forum what it is.

With Kindest Regards

Mike

nice one - and thanks for the feedback

I know the one you mean!
I no longer post on it because of the arrogant attitude of the person running the site. She tried to ban me because I pointed out that something she stated as a fact was in fact incorrect!
The Malta site has very few postings now as posters get put off by the style of the replies given to questions asked.

This site has a far nicer group of posters and better jokes!!

:D

steady on T

toonarmy9752 wrote:

steady on T

Nope....I'd agree with the man.  I felt as if I needed to be in some sort of black leather outwear, chained and cuffed whilst reading it.  There is 'something about the night' with it all.

Quickly draws pentangle and surrounds it with garlic.......

nah i meant this bit..

"This site has a far nicer group of posters and better jokes!!"

LOL:)

toonarmy9752 wrote:

nah i meant this bit..

"This site has a far nicer group of posters and better jokes!!"

LOL:)

:lol::lol:

I was agreeing with the 'jokes' bit, however what was it good ol' Groucho Marx said.........

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

:cool:

I agree with you too Mike! IMHO this forum it's a giving and taking experience, you get help from the members here and in return, you try to help other people as best as you can can too...at least that's how I feel :)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001522651/552707162_2659359102_9bb9d1a717_xlarge.jpeg

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafsportsboard/rafcms/mediafiles/gallery/2E8476D9_5056_A318_A854576C81C18529/RAF%20Seniors%20Group%20Hug_big.jpg

:D

Exactly Mick........

welcoming, togetherness, teamwork, happiness, cultural

......everything this board is about.

Antonio

two words simplify it....."giving and taking".....that's what we are about. 

If you ever stumble upon this diabolical forum you'll see what I mean.  The distaste in the replies is so thick you can taste it and there is also has a mantra of "it's my way or the highway".  Very strange way to do business I thought.

I look at your contribution alone from planing your move to your continued assistance to those who need it since your arrival in Malta........splendid stuff.

:cool:

Thanks Mike, appreciated your feedback! :shy