Anyone know a blogging site that works in China?

I really want to set up a blog, but on this site, you can only add an existing one that is hosted somewhere else. I know that Wordpress and Blogger are blocked in China, and I don't really want to go down the illegal routes just yet!

Does anyone know a blog hosting website that actually works here?

Thanks

Hello EvaHP.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Thanks, I'm glad to be here, and this website has a wealth of information, but it would be so awesome if it could actually host its own blogs. I'd like to be able to create a legal Chinese blog that is in English, which I can easily share my stories with my friends and family, ideally all in one place.
It's a shame, because this website seems like it could be so great, but then all the blogs are hosted elsewhere, and I can't even view the majority of the blogs unless I'm using illegal means because they are all hosted on websites that are blocked here!

Does anybody recommend any legal blogging sites?

Thanks

hi,you can install a software "fqrouter",then you can use facebook,twitter and youtube. Hope this will help. :)

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks very much for your help. I guess from the lack of other responses, I can only assume that I was naive in thinking that there were legal options!
But thanks very much, I will give this software a try.

hi all

i have the same question as EvaHP too. how about google? will fqrouter enable you to access google too?

many thanks in advance! :D

It might work, but if you are in China already, your chances of downloading it are pretty slim. I tried and of course, it is blocked too. I think best thing would be to download it before you arrive.
I have a friend who says he can give me some software on a memory stick that will function as a proxy server, so it seems like there are few choices once you're here.
Nevertheless, my Chinese friends inform me that there are ways of getting round it, I might be able to come back with more info later! :)

Hi Eva, just try overblog, it's working down there !
:)
Adrien.

Hello everyone, so just to close off this topic, basically I caved and just found a solution for accessing western sites in China. I found some really great instructions on this blog: http://sarajaaksola.com/how-to-use-vpn- … -in-china/ which is also featured on this website.
The price was good, and it meant that I could just use my regular blogger account, so I've ended up doing what I said I wouldn't do, but it's a relief to have full control over my own blog.
Hope this helps some others out there.

I just started using tumblr.com for my blog- it works w/o a VPN.

http://hugsnkris.tumblr.com/