2012 get togethers in Shanghai

Hello everybody and happy new Year.
Let's come together to welcome 2012 and meet old and new friends from Expat-Blog.

Date: 14th of January
Time: 4pm - 7pm (or longer if we like)
Venue: 1919 Cafe, 2nd Floor,
Adress: Corner Wulumuqi Lu/ Huashan Lu

Hope to see you all there.
Please bring also all your Friends with you.

Asmus

wow, 50 people watched this event already, but seems that nobody is really interested to join, hehe.
Ok, I will be there anyway, as I organize this event as well on Shanghaistuff.
So if you like to dop by, feel free to join us.

Hope to see you guys!

Cheers,
Charlene

Hello!

Topic sticked.;)

Sounds lovely.  I will try and make it.  May bring my parents too!

@chlo: you and your parents are most welcome.

We had a great Event with some old and several new Friends. But so sad to see that we have 3 posts on Expat-Blog which talking about making new Friends and looking for Friends in SH. But most of the attendance yesterday came from SHStuff and not from Expat-Blog.

I hope next time I see more of you for our Events. Lets come together and make new Friendships in SH.

Xin nian quai le.

Hi,

I'm one of them whom just visit the forum and no response to it. :(

I feel quite awkward going to such event all by myself! It is just me, however, I will try to make it next time, please continue this great effort!

Happy Chinese New Year!

@Huipintian: next time you should come. Linn, also from Singapore, was there as well. But don't worry, you will get a second chance ;)

Ok sure! I would love to.

huipin

Hi there :)

I just arrived to my new home for the next 7 months. It would be awesome to meet up with other english-speaking people from all around the world with all sorts of interest. I'll try to keep an eye on any future activity.

Also, if anyone wants to grab a coffee or a beer with a marketing student from Denmark, please let me know. I would love to hear about others experiences with this wonderful city :)

Best regards
Anders

Agree, when a next get together?
Cheers!
Alex

Also agree :)
When is the next event? :D
Hans? Are you in town? Already something in your mind?

BTW: xin nian kuai le to everybody. Hope to see you soon around.

Ok, here we go. First Infos.

Next Get together will be on the 4th of February.
Venue: TBD
Time: somehow after 4pm

More Infos coming soon.

ill try to be there :)

Hi everyone,

I arived in Shanghai last sunday and I like to meet new people. I'm curently staying with a Dutch family, working as an aupaire. Back home I am a student finishing my thesis. Are these events you were taking about very busy? I try to be there.

Asmus, I will actually attend this event if you ever post details.  :-P  I miss hanging out with you guys already!

I've been in Shanghai for almost a month now. I will definitely try to make it to this Saturday's event if it is on! :))

i will definitely be there :) see you then !

@Emily: normally it is the work from Hans to do the update on Expat.com.

@ Hans: Where are you?

@all: we working on it. So far the Idea is to start at Kaiba near Tianzifang at 4pm and see where it brings us after. But detailed Infos will come by tomorrow.

Ok, here are all Informationas you need for today.

This is our second get together 2012

Join us and meet new and old Friends
date: 4th of February
time: 4pm until open end
Venue: Kaiba tap house
Address: Taikang Terrace, 2/F, 169 Jianguo Zhong Lu, near Ruijin Er Lu
建国中路169弄202号, 近瑞金二路

Who? Everybody is most welcome.

See you there?

Please send me a PM if you need my mobile number.

Hi Valen, welcome in Shanghai. And hope to see you next time.

@all: it was a great event. Thanks for all people who attended. Round about 25 ppl joined.
See you all again next time.

Thank you for organizing the event Asmus, was a great opportunity to meet people. I'm definitely in for future events.

@Valen: Welcome! Just join the next meeting. Or contact people individually by PM to get in touch, they're all very friendly :)

Hi Guys,

I found it really good to organize such event!
I'll be relocated to Shanghai from April 1st for 3 years, can't wait!

Do you guys already plan a next event???

Thanks

Hi Vainss, welcome soon in SH. Guess the next event will be too early for you. But anyway, we will do it again and again.
There is a plan ongoing for coming weekend as well as for the 18th of february. keep on looking here in this Post.

See you all soon again.

Cool! I enjoyed saturday night! Nice to meet everyone again this weekend or next!

Hi guys, was great meeting everyone last Saturday and it's good to see that this forum is still alive! :D

So here are the plans for the next two weekends:
1) Sat Feb 11th, time tbd: Squash (probably followed by dinner & drinks after)
location: 883 ShuiCheng Road, close to ChangNing Road, u may come by line 2#, WeiNing Road stop. Find Oasis Riverar, the squash is in their Gym. RMB 30 per person

2) Sun Feb 19th, 12am (noon): Brunch at the Rabbit hole, followed by a walking tour in French concession or Jing'An area.

Please inform through ths forum if you are attending one of these events.

Chrs,

Hans

I will not be there this weekend but, I will definatly join the brunch. Hopefully the weather is better than yesterday!

i will also attend the brunch ! nice :)

Sounds good, I will try to be there for both

Will probably have to pass on the Squash, but count me in for brunch next Sunday =)

Great initiative guys!!

Hey Hans
very good ideas about this two events ... 
but just checked the Rabbit hole's open time at 5:00pm-12:00(midnight).......
how could we get brunch by this time? :rolleyes: or maybe i'm wrong.. i was checking online and got this information ....:P
All the best,
Jun

I just called the Rabbit hole, although their website says differently they don't do an all-you-can-eat brunch but only a la carte...and for me one of the joys of brunch is the all-you-can-eat part :).

So let me look for another joint...does anyone have any other options in the medium price range?

Hey Hans!

Looks like someone is energetically getting the plans running!! So much for being the sidekick ;)

Is the squash event still on tomorrow? If it is, pray what time will it be held? Oh, and are there decent shower facilities in the gym (clean, provide bath towels, etc)?

Hey,

I ahve never been to the squash center, but i can confirm they have shower facilities :)

Starts at 3pm.

see you there!

Is it possible to have an all-you-can-eat-brunch? I am starting to like Shanghai better every day!

Hey there!

I'm for few days in Shanghai and from April 1st I'll living here for good.

I'll join to the rabbit hole on Sunday and to the tour if you don't mind...

And if anyone wants to have a drink this eve or tomorow eve, i'm your man ;-))

My phone : +32 473 24 61 77

Thanks

Vince

Important notice:

Brunch will not take place at the Rabbit hole, but at 'Mi Tierra'.

Location Mi Tierra: 17 Yongjia Lu, near Maoming Lu 永嘉路17号, 近茂名路. Nearest subway: Shaanxi Rd South (line 1 & 10) or Dapu bridge (line 9).

Starts at noon (12.00).

145rmb for the buffet brunch and for those who want free flow margarita or wine, it's 299rmb.

So far, we already have a nice group of people (about 17 in total) out of which the following from this forum:
DebbieD87
RachelleKessels
MaverickMitra
Jun-Jun
Toe-B
LeahC
Mbg.junior
Vainss
Valenchina

If you have already confirmed through this forum and thus are in above list, I assume you will attend and I will include you in the reservation. Please inform me by Friday at the latest if I should add or delete any people for the reservation (friends are also welcome, but pls inform me upfront).

See you all on Sunday at noon!

Will let you know asap if we are here this weekend and not wandering the countryside of Jiangsu on mountain bikes ...

Need to catch up with you anyway ... You have to give me some Bali scuba diving tips ;-)

@Hans: I am not on your list, but confirmed already :-(

@All: it wil be a great Event with many people from an other Website as well. So it is your chance to meet new friends in SH.