Looking to make some friends

Hey everyone, I'm Nik.

I moved to Shanghai a few weeks ago but I didn't really have the chance to meet many people yet.

Even though Shanghai is a really big city, it's not very fun when you don't have anyone to spend some time with, so I would love to meet some nice people that would like to hang out with me.

Hope I can meet some nice people here.

Nik

Hi Nik!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Hope you will enjoy your time on the site.

Regards
Armand

Hi Nik,

Welcome in Shanghai. I'm also a newcomer and also didn't get so many opportunities to meet some nice people.
It would be nice to do something together.
What do you like to do? Having dinner/lunch, going out, sightseeing,.. Please let me know.

Thank you both for your welcome :)

Hey Kirsten, I guess what I would like the most right now is to have dinner/lunch with someone, even though I would also like the other things that you mentioned.

I will add you in skype.

Nik

Hey JunJun, welcome to Shanghai.

Hope you will have an easier time meeting people here :)

Hi everyone I am from Singapore . Traveling to shanghai may be for 1 week initially later may relocate. As you guys say it's gonna bore if you are alone. Do let me know if we can meet this weekend for night out. I will be staying at radisson. My Skype I'd whyshankar

hey

good to see u ppl here.

I am also kind off new in shanghai, looking for some good frnds
why not we plan for weekends
i hope it will be great

looking forward to hear from you guys soon

Hello! Im from Singapore and pretty new in SH too.

If you guys are planning something count me in!

In case you guys are communicating via skype, mine's:butterflyflyy

Can I also Add you all?

I also would be very glad to get new friends here!my Skype is Svetabogomolova1

Hello everybody.
Hope to see you for our first Get Together 2012. Take a look on this details: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134555 and hope to make many new Friends there :-)

Hey

Looking forward to have nice get together

Any one free in this weekend it will be great to have a nice hangout

regards
MAV

Hey there Nik!

You are indeed right, Shanghai is not so fun without nice friends, and just like you I am looking for some too. I hope you will count me as one, soon! Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Charlene

Just a reminder for this weekend for all old and new Friends in Shanghai:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134555

See you all there :D

Hello Guys!
Just arrived few days ago to Shanghai...would like to meet poeple. Coffe, lunch, dinner, beer...whatever works for me. Just need to socialize! :)
Cheers
Alex

Hi everyone!
I also new here and looking for friends. 25 year and Danish. Will be working here for the next 6-8 month as part of my graduate programme. Skype: kasper.nygaard
Hope to hear from you :)
Kasper

We had a great Event yesterday with some old and several new Friends. But so sad to see that we have 3 posts on Expat-Blog which talking about making new Friends and looking for Friends in SH. But most of the attendance yesterday came from SHStuff and not from Expat-Blog.

I hope next time I see more of you for our Events. Lets come together and make new Friendships in SH.

Xin nian quai le.

Hi everyone,

I am Danica from Germany and I am also new in Shanghai. I will be here for the next 5 weeks and I am really looking for some people to spent time together. Like you already said, its quite difficult to get the chance to meet someone to socialize.

I hope to hear from you

Danica

Hi guys, was great meeting some expat-blog members last Saturday on the get-together Asmus put together!

So here are the plans for the next two get-togethers:
1) Sat Feb 11th, time tbd: Squash (probably followed by dinner & drinks after)
location: 883 ShuiCheng Road, close to ChangNing Road, u may come by line 2#, WeiNing Road stop. Find Oasis Riverar, the squash is in their Gym. RMB 30 per person

2) Sun Feb 19th, 12am (noon): Brunch at the Rabbit hole, followed by a walking tour in French concession or Jing'An area.

Please inform through this forum if you are attending one of these events: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134555

Chrs,

Hans

hey nik! i think you already got a big group of new friends (=  im going to move to shanghai sometime next month.. I will add u on skype if u don't mind (=

Hi all,

How is Shanghai so far?

Same for me, just arrived in Shanghai (from France) and ready to discover the city !

You can add me on skype : s.nitha.

Cheers,

I'm in SH for nearly 5 months now, still looking to make more friends! My skypename is jowyngoh. Speak soon!

Hi everyone,

I am Mohan from India and I am new to Shanghai. I will be here for the next 6 months and I am really looking for some people to spent time together.

Hope to hear from you.

Hi everyone, I'm also new to Shanghai and looking to meet new people.
Hope to hear from someone. Love Shanghai so far but it's tough going out on your own sometimes.

Check out the thread 2012 get togethers in Shanghai. There's an outing tithe jazz festival this Sat at expo park.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … p=3#907377

hey everyone, i too recently moved to Shanghai a month ago and looking for friends, chat, hangout..

Hi Nik!

I've been here for just about a month. I'd love to make new friends, too. :)

Hi, everyone.
i'm also looking for friends in shaghai.
hope to hear from you!

regards.

hi Nik,I'm Jenny chinese-argentinian girl,currently studying at jiaotong univ,I'd like to make new friends,hope we can have fun time together :)

Im also looking for some new friends to share interest and partner to go to gym every weekend :-)

heyy everyone i am Mav , good to see you all here.
If anyone interested in hangout let me know , would love too

hey, I always go to gmy to build my body. Which gmy do you come from time to time