Finding Work as a Foreigner in Romania

My sister-in-law is Romanian but has been living in Tunisia with her Tunisian husband for a couple of years. Now they are considering moving to Romania.
She has good work experience in the DHL/TNT type business and speaks several languages so I think she will find a job in due course. I am not sure what are the legal requirements for a Tunisian to get a job here. Is it sufficient to be married to a local and have a residence permit? Where can I find out?
He wants to get a job as a medical salesman but that looks not such an easy place to find work to me.

Hi StevenW,

Please note that your post is now on the Bucharest Forum for better visibility :)

You should go find out at the nearest Embassy regarding the Visa process or how to obtain a working visa please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

StevenW wrote:

I am not sure what are the legal requirements for a Tunisian to get a job here. Is it sufficient to be married to a local and have a residence permit? Where can I find out?

Read here: EU law

Essentially it outlines the procedure for non-EU spouses regarding registration and residence. In short, yes, in theory the non-EU spouses of an EU citizen should be afforded equal treatment regarding employment.

Finding a job, of course, is a completely different matter.

StevenW wrote:

Is it sufficient to be married to a local and have a residence permit?

Yes, it is sufficient.