Hello Riyadh

Dear friends:

Warm greetings to expats community in Riyadh!
I hope everyone is well.

My name is Smbat Petrosyan, I am moving to Riyadh by the November 1.
I am originally from Armenia, but last 17 years I lived in USA.
I am a Mechanical Engineer and will be working for a Saudi Aramco refinery in Riyadh.

I love tennis, diving and horse back riding.
I would love to make new friends and learn about KSA, this is my first visit to Saudi Arabia,

Thank you
Smbat Petrosyan

a warm welcome to KSA and hope you land safely in the LAND OF SAND ... RIYADH... feel free to let me know if you needed any sort of help prior to your arrival

All the best buddy.....

Hiii ...
welcome To the country of Sahara. :)
let us know if you need any help in this land.

have a nice day.

Thank you very much Time.Chime and  Faris)))
At this point I am just trying to narrow my search on apartments,
I will be working in Saudi Aramco Refinery, if you could recommend any housing or compound close to it, that would be wonderful.
I am thinking for the rent to have something around 15-16K SAR per month, is it realistic?

Thank you

Smbat Petrosyan P.E.

P.S. Sahara is in Africa, right?)))

Hi buddy

please check the link you will find a list of compounds in Riyadh. and you can search it on google map. :)http://www.acrsa.com/index.php?option=c … Itemid=194

SPetrosyan wrote:

Sahara is Arabic for desert.  So, in the USA when we say Sahara Desert we are stupidly saying Desert Desert LOL

Hi Alliecat !

if we look at the pronunciation of this word, it is SAHRAA which means desert..

:) if URDU we use the word SAHARA as Support/Help etc.

But as you know that the word changes with miles :)

time.chime wrote:

Also in meters! :dumbom:

Alliecat wrote:
SPetrosyan wrote:

Sahara is Arabic for desert.  So, in the USA when we say Sahara Desert we are stupidly saying Desert Desert LOL

haha ... Desert Desert :D

tell me about that desert road which is called.... Death Valley Road in Nevada :S... Damn.. I was terrified when I read it for first time. Lol

faris_nb wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
SPetrosyan wrote:

haha ... Desert Desert :D

tell me about that desert road which is called.... Death Valley Road in Nevada :S... Damn.. I was terrified when I read it for first time. Lol

Actually Death Valley is a PLACE in eastern California! It's the lowest and hottest place in North America!

so its in California not Nevada ... thanks for that info. :)

faris_nb wrote:

so its in California not Nevada ... thanks for that info. :)

On a lot of American television shows where the setting is supposed to be on another planet, the filming is actually done in Death Valley (very desolate looking).

seeker of truth wrote:
time.chime wrote:

Also in meters! :dumbom:

and what about Millimeters? :|