English speaking ex pat wanting to get to know other ex pats in mru

Hi

Im a Londoner whose been Mauritius for a while but havent had much opportunity to meet many ex pats. Maybe due to work and not knowing where to meet new people here.

Anyone whose interested in a girls day out or just to hang out please let me know.

I speak english but my french is very poor. Ive been trying to learn but its going as slow as a snail. im not sure if theres many of you who are in the same boat.

Anyway let me know if you wanna make a new friend in me. :)

Hi I'm Gurj also from the UK - never thought I would say this but yes I am craving some Brits to communicate with, esp girls just to have a coffee or something! I'm in the North too! :)

Hi there... I'm another Brit also craving the company of other British girls. I'm also in the North so I'm definitely up for meeting for a coffee and a natter :-) .  My French also not very good but I am going to put more effort into it...  Would be nice to buddy up with someone to learn with, might keep me a bit more motivated. :-)

Hi

since you are from England, you might know what a Hash is?

You are free to participate in the Mauritian hash, it is every 2nd Sunday at 10am and always on another place on the island. It's an absolute great melange of local and foreign english speaking people. Since it's a british thing you meet quite some brits - women, men, families there as well as local people and a lot of other nationalities)
The hash is really a nice thing to get around here, meeting all kind of people and seeing places you would most probably not be able to see here.
Next run/walk is on Sunday 15th of September around Le Souffleur. More information about the whole concept, how to get there, and and and can be found on www.mhash.com

More information are also found on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/mauritius.harriers?fref=ts

Cheers
Mario

Thanks Mario - thanks for the info on the Hash, it sounds great and certainly something I would be interested in. :D

Sam

Great, just check the schedule and bring some more folks :)

Hi,  am  French  based  here  and  speaks  english  too.  Am  of  mauritian  mother  and  french  dad.  Am  working  here  and  is  based  in  port  louis.  You  can  catch  me  on  [Moderated: Use private message system to send personal information, for security reasons.].  take  care

hi,  you  can  catch  me  on  [Moderated: Use private message system to send personal information, for security reasons.].  take  care

Hello
I am from India.
I am a medical doctor in SSR, pamplemousses.
I speak German.
I need to learn french but I am also progressing snail like.
Did you find some one for french... plz share.
regards
suresh
[moderated: pls use your pm]

Hi

did you try babbel or duolingo on the internet to learn languages? Advantage is that you can learn wherever and whenever you want.
The latter one is free of use and both have an app to learn on a smart phone or tab device.

Best regards
Mario

Hi,

I am from Sri Lanka, and I will be arriving in Mauritius in about 3 weeks to work on an Software Project for a Singapore company.

I am very fluent in English, and have worked in Singapore and the USA as an Expat.

I have also been to UK many times on short assignments, and have stayed in Bedford and London.

I would like to make friends with you and other Expats.