Internet Cafes near Ben Thanh Market

Posting again@@

Please give me location of some good internet cafes near ben thanh market or near bitexco financial centre. are there any good internet shops near bui vien

janin wrote:

Posting again@@

Please give me location of some good internet cafes near ben thanh market or near bitexco financial centre. are there any good internet shops near bui vien

there is a Trung Nguyen cafe at the cross junction of Truong Dinh Street and Ly Tu Trong Street.

btw,almost all the cafes in HCMC has free wifi.

Thanks. My query is about regular internet cafes with computers and not cafes with wifi. if anyone has info please share

janin wrote:

Thanks. My query is about regular internet cafes with computers and not cafes with wifi. if anyone has info please share

Yes, and that's why you're not getting many replies. District 1 is mainly habitated by tourists, and tourists usually carry their smartphones, tablets, or laptops around with them, and only care about finding a coffee shop or restaurant with free wi-fi. So there are few, if any, internet cafes with computers in district 1. I've never seen one. Where you find those is out in in countryside around HCMC, where the locals who don't own computers go to get their internet fix, or send e-mails, etc. But these days, even many of the locals have smartphones, and as long as they have 3G access, have no need for the kind of internet cafe you are seeking.

janin wrote:

are there any good internet shops near bui vien

If you're going to find one in district 1, it'll likely be on Bui Vien or Pham Ngu Lao streets. Why don't you take a walk around that area and maybe you'll run across one. You may also find some other places of interest to you as well.

And if you're posting here on this blog, you obviously already have a computer with internet access wherever you are. Need to get out from behind the computer and check this stuff out.:D

saigonmonkey wrote:

Need to get out from behind the computer and check this stuff out.:D

And please feel free to come back here to the Blog and let everyone know if you do find one.

In vn, it not common to have internet cafe as in Singapore. You can go to Highland coffee at 37 Ton Duc Thang, they have some laptop in the corner for free use. just purchase a drink and use their laptop there. otherwise, you will have to go to any local internet store, but sorry, they dont speak English :)

So far, I have never seen any Computer Shops here in District 1. I guess, I would recommend you to have a wi-fi installed in your place. Internet installation here in the city is very cheap! Plus the connection is really good.