I'm in Malta and I really need a Job

Hey all

How to get any job ... I want to stey HERE?

Hi there,

It depends on your skills and experience, but especially your language skills.

Where are you from ? Can you speak at least one language a part from the English one ?

The Job market there in Malta, is mostly about Customer service in the Gambling industry where you will have to handle queries from customers of your Native country (France, Italy, Spain, etc..)

Forget about catering which is mostly for locals, especialy students, because the salary is low (Max 700 E/mth).

Good luck !

Hi Lolah,

just a few questions before I can answer your question.

What is your visa status?
How long have you been here(when do you have to leave Malta)?

What are your job/work qualifications.
How much money do you have to back you up?

Cheers
Ricky

Irish_Breakfast wrote:

Hi there,

It depends on your skills and experience, but especially your language skills.

Where are you from ? Can you speak at least one language a part from the English one ?

The Job market there in Malta, is mostly about Customer service in the Gambling industry where you will have to handle queries from customers of your Native country (France, Italy, Spain, etc..)

Forget about catering which is mostly for locals, especialy students, because the salary is low (Max 700 E/mth).

Good luck !

thanks Irish

I have english and arabic

with good skills

I don't know where to look ??

ricky wrote:

Hi Lolah,

Cheers
Ricky

for me if I get a job I wont leave

but what to do ?

I can send you my CV?

THANKS

Lolah wrote:
ricky wrote:

Hi Lolah,

Cheers
Ricky

for me if I get a job I wont leave

but what to do ?

I can send you my CV?

THANKS

Hi Lolah

looking back on previous threads about jobs in Malta there is an excellent link produced by 'pgl' with a list of lots of links to employers.

Link Here - kudos to pgl

and also 'scubaboys' excellent contribution to the subject as well:

Link HERE - kudos to scubaboy

...............unless, of course, you are hankering after someone on here to find you a job.

Good luck anyway

Mike

Hi Lolah,

as a non-EU citizen (Lebanese) you will need a work permit to be allowed to work and stay in Malta.

An employer will have to apply for you and it will take maybe 6-8 weeks to process.

That is why I asked you about your visa status and how long you have already been in Malta. Time might run out on you.

What kind of job are you looking for and what are your qualifications? The higher qualified you are the better your chances of finding work will be.

Send your cv to job agencies catering for the kind of work you are qualified for and experienced in. The list of agencies is quite long but it will take time. Arabic language skills should be interesting for companies dealing with Arabic countries.

But time is the factor  which why I asked about your visa status!

Cheers
Ricky