Petition on a Referendum against Spring Hunting

Hi all,

as some might know I'm a Committee member of the Ramblers' Association of Malta and as such a member of the Coalition for a Referendum against Spring Hunting.

We are still looking for a slogan like ...Give Birds a chance .....

So we are collecting signatures to force a Referendum on Spring hunting in Malta.

The cause is ,of course, very good but please do not sign any form unless you can vote in a Maltese national election! I'm sure that you will be asked to sign in the coming weeks but the hunters are just waiting to have us fail because of invalid signatures!

You can help the cause by making your Maltese friends aware of our campaigne and asking them to sign.

If you have any questions about the ongoing campaigne please let me know.

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky
   Can we not sign if we can vote in local elections?

Terry

" even birds deserve a(spring) break"

Hi Terry,

please don't!

The Referendum (if we succeeed in getting the petition signed) is only open for those who can vote in national elections. So signatures by EU citizens will have to be removed anyway.

The hunters are just waiting to challenge the names and signatures.

Cheers
Ricky

OK, good luck.

I can smell a Troll.... some just keep on trying.

same old troll different name - same old same old

hexxa wrote:

Why don't the maltese take up shooting feral cats? I noticed heaps running around everywhere, when i was there on holidays.

Probably for the same reason they don't shoot Australians,
(They taste awful or they have awful taste).

Hi Ricky,

may I kindly know where I have to go for signing this petition?

How many signatures are needed for the petition?

How many have already signed?

Thanks

Giancarlo

Unless you have voting rights in national elections here - there is no point in signing it

Hi Giancarlo,

that is exactly the reason why I wrote the post!

Please read the original post and please do not sign the petition as otherwise you will be supporting Hunters in that they will contest all invalid signatures.

Thanks
Ricky

am sure there must be some other way to support the campaign.

Hi toon,

yes, of course ! Talk to friends and neighbours who can vote in the national elections .

If necessary you can send me your e-mail and I will forward you petition forms that you can print out and use and then you can send them to one of the 11 NGO's or to my private address.

Just make sure that people have not already signed the petition.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Ricky

Actually, I guess that I have read well the first post, and I can assure you that I can vote for the Maltese national elections!

So, may I please to know where I should go for signing this petition? Does exist a place or is there a website for signing?

Thanks

Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo,

Sorry if I stepped on your foot and you are also Maltese . Can you please update your profile as you say you are Italian !

Online signing is not possible because of the Petition and Referendum law in Malta. If you know somebody from one of the 11 NGO's collecting signatures you can sign there.

In the next weeks you will also be able to sign at information stands that will be set up. THe campaigne has only just started.

Thanks for your interest.

Ricky

Indeed I am Italian native, but I got also the Maltese citizenship.

Ok, eventually, please let us know when the campaign will start. So I will be able to contribute to this cause.

Thanks

Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo,

I'll keep you updated.

The campaigne started officially on Saturday.

Thanks
Ricky