Housing in Bucharest

Hi

I will be relocating to Bucharest for work.
My work area is at Calea Victoriei.

Would like to know about recommended housing areas around this and expected monthly rent (including the utility expenses)

1. Prefer a 2-bedroom apartment

2. Central district safe and accessible to stores and resturants.

Thanks
Rohith

the calea victoria area where you are going to work is a great place to live too. expect rents from 600 to 1000 euros per month for a 2 bedroom app (here they call it as 3 room app) + bills & utilities.

it is centrally located, right in the heart of bucharest and everything from the metro station to restaurants to a hundred bars & clubs are all in the close proximity.

Great. Thanks. So a budget of 800 Euro might be a bit tight right?
I prefer to stay right next to office to save time/money on commuting to/fro from office

you will definitely find a 3 room one for 800 euros and lesser. spend a week or 2 scouting the area till you find a good one.

cheers.

Calea Victoriei is quite long. Basically it crosess central Bucharest. I think you should find out more precisely where on Calea Victoriei you will work because this will have an effect o the location of your appartment.
Being located in the area has many advantages. My office is right next to Calea Victoriei and I am well aware of the advantages. The problem is that most buildings in the area are old or very old. And sometimes this is not so good. My office is in such a building and I don't like the fact that plumbing or electrical problems are a bit too frequent and the building is a bit shaky.
And there is another problem. In 1977 in Romania (Bucharest in particular) there was a big earthquake, which had desatrous results. After that year earthquake construction norms changed, and more attention was given to seismic protection. Considering the fact that Bucharest is in area of seismic risk, I believe that attention should be given to this aspect.
You can find new appartment buildings (built after 1977) at each end of Calea Victoriei. And even more recent constructions can be found from place to place in the area.
My advice:
1. Figure out in which part of Calea Victoriei you will work.
2. Look for an appartment in a building build after 1977.

You can find many offers to fit your budged, especially considering the fact that rent level decreased a lot in the last year.

Regards,
Tudor

Thanks Tudor.

Exact location is 145, Calea Victoriei 1st, Bucharest, 010072

Is this area safe to live?

Yes, the area is good. You are very close to Victoria Square, which is at the Northern end of Calea Victoriei. In that square is the building of the Romanian Government. Also there you can find some good places to rent an appartment. There is also a park in the area (on the other side of Victoria Square), and also a couple of museums, a hospital, some shops, a subway station... So I think it is a good location. And yes, it is a safe are (except for a few streets in the south west part, which are not so good).
Also, this is among the more (most) expensive areas in Bucharest to rent or buy an apartment. But I am sure that you will find something suitable, to fit your budget. Just to give you an ideea, i found a couple of offers for some good apartments in the area: http://www.imobiliare.ro/apartamente/ap … ta=5797373 or http://www.imobiliare.ro/apartamente/ap … a=5797373. You will probably need something a bit cheaper, but this is what i found now. However, you should use a real estate agent that will help you find something good.
Regards,
Tudor

I can help you locate an apartment, it's what I do

Thanks Dean. How can I contact you?