Christmas Dinner In Bucharest

Hello,

This will be my first Christmas living in Bucharest and I have my mum and one of my sisters coming to stay for a few days. I've just realised how close it is and need to book in somewhere for a meal.

Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant or hotel that does a good christmas meal.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Don't be lazy, get in the kitchen and cook them a traditional Romanian Christmas meal! :)

It's pretty unusual to eat out for Christmas here, so I don't know what restaurants will be open. I would probably try ringing some of the one more geared for tourism, such as either of the two Hanul Berarilor, Caru' Cu Bere or Hanul lu' Manuc. These all have traditional Romanian food and are in decent locations in old buildings. Give them a call as see if they're open on the 25th.

Seriously, a home cooked meal would probably be nicer, and most Xmas food can be cooked in advance. If you have a Rom girlfriend, just ask her to get on to a relative to knock up some sarmale and cozonac, find a nice joint of pork to roast and make some mamaliga. Add a few veg or salads, and plenty of wine and palinca.

I'm in no doubt a home cooked meal would be nicer but previous experiments with my oven (unfortunately the only negative about my house) have led me to believe it would be a disaster.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi NPTB,

I am sure you can find restaurants that will be open on Xmas time in Bucharest. A quick search on the net should give you answers on the opening times and places, even prices and special Craciun( Christmas) menus on some of them. Now depends on what you are looking for, traditional British or you want to introduce your family to Romanian cuisine.

Google can sort ya out :-)

I am sure u & family will have a good time

I'm pretty sure any of the big hotels will have open restaurants on the 25th - they have to feed their guests after all. Try ringing around some of the larger chains of hotels. I think the Marriott has some restaurants on the premises.

Depending on how long they're staying, it might be evening nicer to book a night in a hotel in the countryside or in the mountains and get the real feel of Christmas - with forests and snow and so on. And if it's a nice guest house, I'm sure the hosts would be happy to put together a traditional meal for you and your folks (for a price, naturally).

The family have already been out once (we've had non-stop guests since moving here) and had plenty of Romanian food and trips to the coast/mountains.

As my dad is working the other two are just coming out for a couple of days so it's really just about getting a big meal in us and enjoying each others company. The large hotels are a good idea, time to get on the phone.

thanks

athenee palace do a grest xmas day buffet, thats where we are booked in :-) email *** and she will send you menu 😏

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post contact info please. Register company service in business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I recommend Zexe Restaurant for your Christmas dinner!

Thanks for the tips everyone. Unfortunately we got some bad news from home and are now going home for Christmas.

If anyone else is looking though, The London Street Atelier & Bistro sent us a great looking menu and are taking bookings. I'll have to try one of these out next year.

Hi guys
My  brit partner and i we will be in Bucharest for Christmas time and because our family is living abroad we will be pleased to have guests for our home cooked Christmas dinner!So let us know if someone want to join us  !

cri-xtina wrote:

Hi guys
My  brit partner and i we will be in Bucharest for Christmas time and because our family is living abroad we will be pleased to have guests for our home cooked Christmas dinner!So let us know if someone want to join us  !

A nice offer  :top:

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

& if any stragglers are in Bran, near Brasov get in touch. We will have 5 guests (one romanain, 2 aussies, 2 UK Irish) & room for one or 2 more. So in the true spirit of what Christmas is meant to be, if you are alone at Christmas & we still have space, you are welcome,   Bring your swimming gear as I have an inflatable jacuzzi!!

X'Mas Dinner? Check with the Marriott Hotel. I haven't called about Xmas but they did prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year.

The Radisson Blu has an offer for holiday brunches/dinners: (details posted on Romania-insider.com

edit: here is a city-wide listing of other venues offering holiday dinners and parties.

http://www.romania-insider.com/romania- … bucharest/

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team