Most popular place in Bucharest

Hi everybody, my name is Hany and I am Egyptian and I will visit Romania in September for tourism and was wondering about the most popular place in Bucharest and Transylvania i.e. museums, monuments, beaches, nightclubs, landscapes and so on and how much would it cost to visit these places?
I know this forum is more about expats/permanent accommodation in Romania but still I hope somebody can help me and answer this question or recommends another place more specific about tourism :)

Hi Hany,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Bucharest forum for better visibility.

Enjoy well your stay.

Thank you for your effort Christine.

If I were a tourist I wouldn't stay in Bucharest for more than 2 days unless i would be interested in nightlife. I also wouldn't go to the seaside if i were egyptian ( I visited Egypt and there is no comparaison) .
  I think you should visit Transilvanya for landscapes and different way of life...if you want to see something more exotic from your perspective.
  For that it would be highly recommended to have a hired car or even better..a romanian driver. Public transport in the countryside is undeveloped and people can't give reliable advices and don't speak english. You also won't find good sightseeing tours.
  When I travel in Romania in small cities,countryside, mountains..i spend like:
- 35E/night for accommodation - a decent guesthouse with TV, air conditioning, balcony.
- 25E/day for food ( eating well at restaurants)

In Bucharest the prices are much higher. If you have specific questions i will answer them.

+1 to the above.

Stay a night or two in Bucharest, see the People's Palace, village museum, history museum, go for a night out in the old town, chill out in the parks, and then head into Transylvania.

Renting a car is a good idea, especially if there are more than two of you, plus lots of interesting places don't have train stations. The most commonly visited Transylvanian destinations are Bran castle, Sighisoara, Sibiu, Brasov and maybe Cluj. Maramures is also lovely if you have the time to go that far.

Hotels in the bigger towns usually cost about 40-50 Euro for a double with breakfast. If you go off the beaten track (only possible with a car) you can find nice village accommodation for about 20 Euro with breakfast.

Thank you Maykal! I admired your romanian food blog.:)

Don't miss the local cuisine - Locanta Jaristea is the best place in town for such inquiries. You'll find dishes and shows you never get to experience in other venues. :) There's also a lady (owner) that tells a story every night about Bucharest, so better bring a translator. :D

Jaristea was a terrible, expensive place during the 3 times I visited it. Never again. These people will not see a cent from me...never again.

I agree with callincard. I think the most representative restaurant for Bucharest is ,, Carul cu Bere ''  although I wouldn't recommend it for eating there regularly. The service/food is medium but the location/building/architecture is one of the best. Prices are acceptable.

Formerly Velvet was a good restaurant as well.  But my vote also goes to Caru cu Bere  without hesitation.