Visa to USA

I have obtained approval from US to bring my fiance to USA. She is now waiting for USA consulate in Kiev to give her appointment for Visa. does any one here know how this process works? how long does this take? what questions and documents she should prepare for this visa interview?

thank you for your input in advance

Based on what you said you have an approval for nothing. To begin with, it is an embassy, not a consulate. You need to apply for a K-1Visa. If this is what you did, you are on the right track. Now the wait. It will be approximately 6 months, plus or minus. She will go through a background check, physical exam, shots, etc. Once all of this is approved, she will then go to the embassy for an interview. If all is in order, the visa will be issued the next day. I believe the visa is $300. All of this is accessible on the embassy's website. This is also why I feel you should have hired a US attorney. It is worth the fee and you would not be asking for help from virtual strangers. Not only that, the US lawyer works in conjunction with your fiancee to walk her through the process. Its like the old saying, "You get what you pay for."