Visa D

I would like to know how i can obtain a visa D to UKR Embassy in the USA, in New York, While i live in other state.. thanks

You can get D visa in any country disregarding your citizenship.

To obtaine visa D ,do i have to  visit ukr. embassy in person????? or can i do it by mail ???????thank you for answer..

Clause 5 of the Regulations says: "5. To obtain a visa foreigners and stateless persons shall submit, in person or by authorized representatives, the visa application and necessary documents to the diplomatic mission or consulate of Ukraine."

The full text of the Regulatoins you can find here:
http://www.assistanceinukraine.com/rule … to_ukraine

It should be also noticed that every embassy may act differently thus you better contact the embassy you are planning to use and ask them directly.

hello,
u can get any kind of vissa fm Ukraine embassy in urs country fm vissa section.u must inform where in city have ukrinian embassy visa section.also must need u have official invitation fm ukraine.

I Think you need legalization Company it the fastest and the best way to finish your visa .

There is many site will serve you about it , i already used " [link moderated] " they was the fastest way to prepare your things

There are three types of Visa in the Ukraine since March 1, 2012

Type B is for transit through Ukr
Type C is a 90 Visa issued only ONCE every 180 days to the same person and is issued for single, Double, or multiple exit and entry.
Type D visa is issued for 45 days !!!!!  It is for the sole purpose of you registering with OVIR (Office of Visa and Immigration registration) and you MUST have a residence to register with and this is verified by Zhek and they will stamp and sign a form you will have to provide to OVIR.  Type D visa is issued if you have family here, a company sponsoring your, you are a student here, etc.  Once you register with OVIR you are given a temporary Residency Permit that is valid for ONE year.

That is basically it.  I am on my third one and the process is long and painful.  OVIR requirements vary at each office and can change from person to person.  Trust me on that one.  Depending on which OVIR office you go to the temp permit can take from two weeks to two months.  Mine have taken 3 to 4 weeks.  And you can only register with the OVIR office that has control over the district you live in.  Another district can NOT legally do it.

Good luck.

I am in the process of obtaining a "D" visa from the Ukrainian Embassy via mail. The contact phone is on their website. The person who approves the Visas is Constantine. He speaks very good English. I would not submit anything until you talk to him directly so he can explain exactly what you will need.

Hi,

You need get in contact with the Ukrainian embassy in Washington DC, as I believe they alone have the jurisdiction of issuing any document that other Ukrainian embassies in the USA can not issue. However, you need to pray really hard for them to pick your calls, and, if they did pick your calls, you need pray really hard again that you speak with the person that has a very good heart.

Regards.

You cannot get a visa D from Ukraine Consulate. I am living in Kyiv, and you have to get the visa in the usa. I was just at the immigration department in Kyiv last week.

Hi, are you American or Ukrainian? And, you mean you are in Ukraine now? Why do you need this Visa D?

I am an American that lives in Kyiv more than I do in the U.S.A. I am married to a lovely woman born and raised in Kyiv. My Zinka is tired of me leaving her every few months and returning to San Diego, CA. We travel to many different countries when I am in Kyiv with my lovely Zinka. The issue is that I am tired of paying customs money too leave Kyiv, they are always giving me a bad time for staying beyond 90 days. With the visa D I can stay as long as long as I like and go back and forth to USA when ever I like. I was informed by immigration this was the best thing for me and my Zinka a couple of days ago. Then I will have no more conflicts with customs and will not have to hear them telling me I am in big trouble.

teuthseeker wrote:

I am an American that lives in Kyiv more than I do in the U.S.A. I am married to a lovely woman born and raised in Kyiv. My Zinka is tired of me leaving her every few months and returning to San Diego, CA. We travel to many different countries when I am in Kyiv with my lovely Zinka. The issue is that I am tired of paying customs money too leave Kyiv, they are always giving me a bad time for staying beyond 90 days. With the visa D I can stay as long as long as I like and go back and forth to USA when ever I like. I was informed by immigration this was the best thing for me and my Zinka a couple of days ago. Then I will have no more conflicts with customs and will not have to hear them telling me I am in big trouble.

Not with the visa D but with the permanent residency certificate which you can get after being married to your wife (in your case) for more than 2 years.

Zdrastvuy'te

Everyone has a different story or as we used to say in California,,,,,,,,,,i.e case. I was married in Kyiv, and have been married for more than the years you mentioned. At this time we do not want to apply permanetely for me too become a citizen.. Just want the visa D for now to come and go as I please. Someday, might apply for citizenship.

Spakoynonuchi

It still takes a Type D Visa to get into the Ukraine and apply for permanent residency based upon being married to a Ukrainian National for at least two or more years.  The current processing time for a Permanent Residency Permit can be as long as 6 months/180 days.  So you need a Type D Visa for both the Temporary (one year) or the Permanent Permits

teuthseeker wrote:

Zdrastvuy'te

Everyone has a different story or as we used to say in California,,,,,,,,,,i.e case. I was married in Kyiv, and have been married for more than the years you mentioned. At this time we do not want to apply permanetely for me too become a citizen.. Just want the visa D for now to come and go as I please. Someday, might apply for citizenship.

Spakoynonuchi

Visa D (actually it is either "Д" or "VD") is issued for preparation and obtaining documents allowing to stay for more than 90 days (including but not limited to the permanent residency certificate).
Permanent residency is not the same as citizenship. It is like a green card in the US. You keep being a national of your state but is allowed to live in Ukraine as long as you want and when you want.

Teuthseeker.....

Please read my posts about Type D Visa.

If you have in fact been going out and coming in on just your passport (90 days visa free entry) and coming back in you have some problems.  First the departure and entry stamps will clearly indicate you violated immigration law and obviously paid a "fee" to get back in.  OVIR/Immigration will see that and probably deny you applying for permanent residency.  Secondly, if you have the same experience as me, the Ukrainian Consult will scrutinize (look for any errors with a microscope) in your passport.  If they see what I just mentioned and you wrote about your exits and entries there is a very good chance they will deny you your visa.  I have kept my "act" by the book and have avoided all the issues you may now face.

The closest Ukrainian Consulate that you can go to that does not require a visa for a Ukrainian national is in Baltsi or Chisnau both in Moldova.  Please check my spelling.  If you are a U.S. Citizen you will not need a visa either.  STRONGLY suggest you take your wife with you.  They speak Russian there, Take only US Dollars at the Consulate and their forms are all in Ukrainian.  Locally you will need Romanian money as that is all that is accepted in town.