Life in Al Khobar_KSA

Dear All

I am Indian Chartered Accountant and getting a job there in Al Khobar. Would you please let me know what will be my monthly expenses. I am bachelor and dont drink. Also, how difficult it would be to adapt with the climate there as I learn its very hot there for most part of the year. My salary would be in the range of 7.5-10k Saudi Riyal. Also grateful if you please tell about the life out there in terms of entertainment etc.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to EB!  Please feel free to browse the various discussions to educate yourself:

https://www.expat.com/forum/647-1-every … hobar.html

If, after reading, you have any specific questions, please do ask.

Regarding the heat, almost everywhere is air-conditioned and people generally do very little outdoors during the summer months. The rest of the year is really quite pleasant.

housing will be your biggest expense, and the hardest thing to get if you are a bachelor. See if your employer will handle that for you, because it will make your life that much easier.

food- 2000- 3000 SAR (If you buy and cook your own food you can manage on 1000, because drivers here have a 300 SAR and they manage very well)

bills are not expensive at all.

a good Cell phone plan is 150 SAR

ahelpfulsaudi wrote:

housing will be your biggest expense, and the hardest thing to get if you are a bachelor. See if your employer will handle that for you, because it will make your life that much easier.

food- 2000- 3000 SAR (If you buy and cook your own food you can manage on 1000, because drivers here have a 300 SAR and they manage very well)

bills are not expensive at all.

a good Cell phone plan is 150 SAR

this is exaggerating, i can manage 600 for food without getting my health at stake, and 7k sr is already high, you can get a house from 300-400 with 'not bad' housing experience