Moving to Al khobar

Hi there,

I have got a job offer at AL Khobar of 12,000 SR.

I was wondering if this salary is a good one or not... what is the basics cost of livings ... housing ... car ... food.

Also I want to know about the style of living specially that I am a Christian Egyptian.

One last thing ... does renting a house for a bachelor is an easy thing ??? also will I be able to stay at a good compound ?

I will be very thankful if you can help me with this guys

Thanks

peter.adel1987 wrote:

Hi there,

I have got a job offer at AL Khobar of 12,000 SR.

I was wondering if this salary is a good one or not

Since you don't mention your job title, level of education or years of experience, how can we advise you?

If you are coming to work as a groundsman, this is an EXCELLENT salary!!!  If you've got an MA in Electrical Engineering and 15 years experience, not so excellent.

Alliecat

I am a tax consultant with 4 years of experience

guys I need your help plzzzzz

why I don't get any replies from you

Hey Peter,

With 4 years of experience in tax a Big 4 will offer you in the range of 12K to 17K depending on the level you get into...

Decent housing will be approx 2500SAR a month, no public transport here so you need to be dependent on taxis and cost of living for a single guys should be around SAR2000. You may not get a compound house for this budget..compounds are usually 70+.

Thanks,
Raunak

Raunak86 wrote:

Hey Peter,

With 4 years of experience in tax a Big 4 will offer you in the range of 12K to 17K depending on the level you get into...

Decent housing will be approx 2500SAR a month, no public transport here so you need to be dependent on taxis and cost of living for a single guys should be around SAR2000. You may not get a compound house for this budget..compounds are usually 70+.

Thanks,
Raunak

Many thanks Raunak.

Really appreciate the info you gave to me.

what exactly do you mean by decent housing, is it a two bedroom apartment or what ?

Can I ask you for more info about the prices of cars and whether it is easy to obtain a driving license there or not.

Also I have heard  that most of the expats go to Bahrain to spend weekends there, is that right ?? and if right how much is expected to be spent every weekend there ?

How do expats is treated and how strict the environment is there ?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Well a decent housing means a 2BHK in a good locality and which is not cramped.

Well the cars depend on the manufacturer, condition, budget and the year. Japanese mid segment cars like Toyota are pretty popular. You can check more on the specifics at eharaj.com During my first stint, I had got my car from here. Else, Dammam has a huge second hand car market, where you can often get good deals. For the driving license test you would need to go through the classes for the first month (waived off for certain nationality and specific license holders, check the wiaver for Egyptians.)You would then need to appear for the test, where you would need to reverse park the car and then appear for the road signs exam.

Yes, most expats do go to Bahrain and it purely depends on your interests and likes to what you would like to do there. A movie ticket costs you around SAR30 to SAR40, drinks and dinner depending on the place and quality can be capped at SAR250. Rest would be dependent on how you really spend the time.

I have never had a problem on being ill treated or so and usually Saudis are friendly, permitted you stay within the regulations of the country and respect the culture. Every country has its own sets of hooligans, Saudi Arabia is no exception.

Let me know for any help.

Thanks,
Raunak

Well. Many thanks for the info.

But what about the lifestyle there.
What activities can be done after work or during weekends... places to go .. also how is social life there ??

what does BHK stand for?

Hi Peter,

You may want to looka t other threads in the disscusion tab.

Hi Rennesaler,
It is 2Bedroom + Hall + Kitchen. That is the standard term in South Asia! Should have been more specific!

Thanks,
Raunak

Dear Raunak,

I am preparing to go to work at Khobar.

Thanks for your info about the good compound cost around SAR70K.

I may be looking for a 3-4 BHK apartment at lower cost possible, he he he. But I will search/read in this excellent forum.

Thanks all for any tips.

Halim.

Hi Halim,

Just to clarify a decent compound starts from the range of 60K. Not necessarily one of the best ones, but with adequate facilities. It goes all the way to 350,000 (Oasis Resorts)