DEATH OF TAXI DRIVER IN HCM CITY

Hi
Can anyone help me on the following incident a few (2 - 4 years ago approx ) :
An elderly male Australian tourist and a Vietnamese taxi driver had an argument about a taxi fare at HCM City airport which ended with the death of the taxi driver.
I believe the tourist was arrested but I do not know of what actually happened and what was the final outcome.
Any information would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance
Colin Alexander

I don't know about that one but today I read about some Thai taxi driver hacking a customer with a 12 inch machete over $1.60. Um, I think I would of paid the dude just because I wouldn't want to have any missing body parts or worse "dead"!

I would say he is either in jail awaiting trial or he paid the police and family off and is out. It was in October 2012 here is the link
http://talkvietnam.com/2012/10/aussie-a … al-cabbie/

It is unlikely.  Once things get that spectacular, the under-the-table option is out.  The best can happen to the guy is to serve his sentence back in Australia.  But, that process will be drawn out.  He is probably in isolation somewhere, in Vietnam.

Unlikely, but it does happen, an ex government official just got home detention after killing three people while drunk driving in Dalat, so anything is possible.

It does seem strange that after 3 years there has been nothing in the news about the court case,so where is he.

You can't compare yourself to a Vietnamese Communist Party member, man!  You, a foreigner, is at the bottom of the pecking order here, while senior party members are at the top. 

The guy is probably at a Vietnamese Gulac, somewhere, awaiting deportation.

Gee you come up with ridiculous statements.Where did I compare myself to a government official,man.

Ridiculous?

Dude, you just inferred that it was "unlikely" that the guy would be locked up, "in isolation." 

You even followed with an example of an official getting 3 years of "home detention after killing three people while driving drunk..."

Learn to read, I said he was either in jail or paid his way out. I never said he wasnt locked up,just gave two possibilities,dude.

Would you kindly go look up the meaning of the word, unlikely.  While you are at it, look up the word, ridiculous, as well. 

It seems like you are using words that you don't understand, or YOUR reading ability is indeed poor.

I have read numerous posts of yours on here and it seems you have a very high opinion of yourself.

Read your statement comparing myself with a party official, now thats ridiculous .I never quoted that. Anyway, its getting off the subject and Im sure you will keep going as you seem to think you are of a higher standing then others.

Dear members,

Can you guys please calm down and avoid off topic comments.

Thank you for your understanding.

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

So EB Team members are enjoying the fight of members:D
I thought all of you went for vacation while members abusing each others and post ads!

Maximilien17 wrote:

Dear members,

Can we please avoid going off topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

probably he isn't in jail. if there was just one article like that and then was silent.

[Moderated: Off topic]

Colinoscapee,

You started this thread and tried to answer yourself too, didn't you?

Trời ơi

charmavietnam wrote:

So EB Team members are enjoying the fight of members:D
I thought all of you went for vacation while members abusing each others and post ads!

Oh please this is one of the most over-moderated discussion boards I have ever had the pleasure to be on...

:dumbom:

Hi colinoscapee,

Can you please write in English as this is an english speaking forum so that everyone can understand. :)

Regards,

David.

Trời ơi = Oh my God! Nothing bad :D

David wrote:

Hi colinoscapee,

Can you please write in English as this is an english speaking forum so that everyone can understand. :)

Regards,

David.