3600 Km

Finally after one week we are home in Birzebuga! If you are planning to go with car and trailer down to Malta i strongly recomend you NOT to do that. You should neither take the opportunity to experience Italy on that trip!

I have done a lot of crazy things but this take the prize for the most stupid thing i ever done.

I admit that the trailer was overloaded but i had extra wheels and a lot of tools and stuff if needed. The problems where more the conditions of the roads. The A3 from Napoli to Messina was in so bad conditon it cant even be called a road. Road construction was 50% of the distans down to Messina and the rest was crap.

If you are planning your trip down to Malta you should consider Ryan Air and a 20 fot container as your first option!

Ryan Air? - Never!!

ive flown many times with Ryanair, despite not liking their dubious commercial opportunism tactics,, but can honestly say never had a bad flight ever. stick to the rules and you get exactly what they promise - quick flight quick turn round and in my experiences have always arrived at destination earlier than scheduled. no complaints from me

"I admit that the trailer was overloaded but i had extra wheels and a lot of tools and stuff if needed. The problems where more the conditions of the roads."

As we have said before on this forum, preparation and planning.
The fact that you started out with an overloaded trailer means it was always going to be stressful!  It was not extra wheels that you needed but either a smaller load or a bigger trailer!
Still now you are here safe and sound you can chill out in the sun. :cheers:
Terry

container and easyjet for us :D

Air Malta, a great airline.

Rocking Ken wrote:

container and easyjet for us :D

Yep, they are known as the flying container!

redmik wrote:

Air Malta, a great airline.

id say used to be a great airline but not so much now....

Praparations is everyting but there are regulations on how big trailer you can pull with a car. There is no regulations on how much your wife can load though! My opinion on Ryan Air is, if you pay peanuts- you get monkeys! They have there regulations and as long as you follow them you will have a nice flight.

Scubaboy told me after the trip that the ferry from Genua is a better way to go.

And there are regulations for loading a trailer for very good reasons, road users safety. It seems to me and going by your other post about fake id that you like to cut corners and flout the law. Then after you have told everyone how 'clever' you are, causing responses of justified criticism you backtrack with waffle, change your previous statements and try to justify your actions. Why? Is it an attempt to impress? If it is, you have failed.

Did i say it was the smartest thing i done to drive down to Malta with a overloaded trailer Redmik? I belive i said it was the most stupid thing i have done! On the internet thing i was just happy to get the internet without all the problems described on the forum. If you have a problem with that its you having a problem, not me! On the subject of me trying to impress and according to you failed in that i can only say, its a poor attemt to inpress if i tell everbody how stupid i am!

Maltom wrote:

Did i say it was the smartest thing i done to drive down to Malta with a overloaded trailer Redmik? I belive i said it was the most stupid thing i have done! On the internet thing i was just happy to get the internet without all the problems described on the forum. If you have a problem with that its you having a problem, not me! On the subject of me trying to impress and according to you failed in that i can only say, its a poor attemt to inpress if i tell everbody how stupid i am!

No you didn't and yes you did and what I stated was about regulations and laws and the reasons for them.

What most definitely IS my problem is people who seem to regard law and safety regulation breaking as OK and seem to have little respect for Malta and its laws. Now, I know that some of Malta's laws may well do with being reviewed and that to some, their system may be slow and clumsy.
But, we are guests and like any guest in another's home I would treat that home and my hosts with respect. :)

I totally agree with you on that. But i had no intension on saying no to the guy when he offered me a good deal on a internet connection. If there was any wrong doing it was done on his side of the counter!

I think he saw a non working system where hi was loosing customers due to expat affairs couldnt handle the id card situation. Sorry if i offended you with the joy of a good deal for me :D

its just another case of relaxation of rules and laws - some can be good/acceptable some can be bad and totally unacceptable...simple as that.

.                                                         .

drawing a line under it.