Questions regarding work permit in Malta and Visa application

Hi, I have some questions regarding work permit in Malta. I am a Maltese citizen and I am applying for a work permit for a Philippine woman whom I know personally, so she can come here in Malta to take care of my elderly bed-ridden mother and handicapped sister. Now while I am waiting for this work permit to be issued, I like to know what will I have to do then, because it looks as if nobody knows. From ETC  I could not get any help when I asked them, and at the Foreign Affairs they told me that I have to send a copy of this permit to the Filipina, then she show this permit when applying for visa at the Maltese embassy there. But they could not respond to my 3 most important questions which are these:
What type of Visa this Filipina will have to apply after she will have this working permit (which I was told that it will expire after 1 year, then it will have to be extended for another period)?
Where will she have to apply for this Visa, at the Manila Maltese Consulate (or whatever), or at the Maltese Embassy in Beijing (China) as I was told at the Foreign Affairs here in Malta?
And will she have to be physically there in the embassy, before  this Visa can be issues for her? I am asking this last question because the Filipina is from Davao City, and this will mean that she has to travel a very long distance, by air. And I want to have some clear answers, because I am guiding her about what to do.
I really appreciate your answers.:)

After you receive the employment license from ETC, you will issue the letter from you (as employer) to her (as employee) with the period of work, salary etc. The details of the letter and all other question she should discuss with the authority which can issue the visa (consulate or emplassy - I don't know).

The main point is the following: local authorities have no connection with the embassies in the scope of visa-related decisions, so it's useless to ask something in Malta.

She should apply on the shengen visa type D (long-term), and she should apply for residence permit here, in Malta, as soon as she arrives. Don't forget about health check and (maybe) other procedures mentioned in the employment license.

Why not employ someone local?

That was my first try, but let's be honest, this type of work have to be done by someone who you think is reliable, patient, honest, and dedicated person, who also has experienced this type of work. I have been advised about this Philippine by someone who personally knows her. So this is how I stand now. And I think that a local person will want a higher salary than this Philippine. What do you think?

It will be decided by ETC!

If there is someone else qualified for the work (Philippine or Maltese or EU national) the permit will not be granted.

If the permit is issued then you can go through all the applications and legal issues( residency,health insurance and so on).

It is also not that easy for the Philippine citizen to get a visa to leave.

I wish you luck.
Ricky

Personally and with professional experience of the 'caring service' (I used to work for Social Services in the UK and my wife managed a Day Care Centre) I think that you 'get what you pay for' and personal vetting of applicants is essential. To hire someone for this type of work on the recommendation of a friend, is I think, risky. Also, what if anything were to go wrong? I would like to think that you would have better opportunities for remedial action if the person you hired was local. I don't know about Malta's Social Services provision but have you tried them?
From an altruistic point of view and if I were in your situation, I would prefer to support the local economy and give someone the opportunity, not to mention the cost and effort in bringing someone over. Good luck anyway.

Yes, i tried what the government services can give to me in this situation, and they provided me with a nurse who visited daily our mother. When I will not be there because I will be at work, she would stay for not more than 3 or 4 minutes, just look around, and go away. Do you call that a service. Once she told me that if I will be asked by her higher authorities if she is giving my mother a full-bath daily, i should say yes. She wanted me to lie for her. It's only money she wanted, and she never cared about my mother.