What do Expat Teachers Wear to Work?

Post a pic it you can please. Sharing is caring!:D

It really depends on where you are teaching.

In public schools, it will really vary from school to school. In some schools, floor-length skirts are a must (i.e. no pants) or you may choose to wear an abaya. A lot of Western teachers wear abayas because they are convenient and comfortable. If you are going to teach in a public school, it's best to start out dressing conservatively at first and then adjust as you get to know the school and see how other staff members dress on a daily basis.

In private schools, most teachers dress similarly to how they would in their home countries - business casual seems appropriate. Some schools might have more formal dress codes though, so again, you might want to be more formal at first and then play it by ear.

Good luck!

I am English teacher in a nursery and the manager(she is a lady) asked me to not wear skirt anymore(I was wearing a long ones),she said to come only in trousers.So,u can wear what u want,it is not a code of dressing,just to be a decent vestment to be in keeping with a place like school.

How long does your skirt have to be in schools? Can I wear one just below the knees without tights?