Starting up a small business taking tourists around

Im hoping to try and start up a small business taking people around as tourists or they can  ride a bike and tag along with me.The areas I would start out in are Dong Nai and Ba Ria Vung Tau provences. My thinking is to take people where they normally wouldnt get to go, such as small country towns ,villages and down some nice country roads. Stop and eat at places that locals eat and not tourist cafes.From what I have read most operators are mostly doing the same thing, I would like to offer something a little bit different.If things go ok, I would hopefully buy a car down the track so as to be able to offer an alternative to motorbikes..I will also make a website in future to post some pics and trip information,if I get that far.

So, why I am posting this is to find out about any other websites that people might know,that I can post an advert without breaking the forum rules.I will also place an advert on Expat.com and see if there is any interest.Feedback, negative or postive is welcome.

I was thinking something similar maybe expand it into Mien Tay too. If you ever need a riding buddy for exploring and plotting routes I can help you there when I land in Vietnam this January. I don't plan to work while I'm Vietnam but I like any excuse to ride out in the open country roads.

If your clients are more than you can handle or some of them prefer to be pillions I'm willing to be your stand-by driver whenever you need one.

You never know, I may take you up on your offer. You realise Im in Vung Tau not Saigon.

lol yes and I'll be in Bien Hoa. Long Binh Tan to be exact so don't have to fight through the Saigon traffic. Just hop onto the 51 and hour and half into Vung Tau.

Its nice around the Dong Nai river at Thien Tan, I go through there to get up to Binh Long,Binh Phuoc.

Before you guys get to excited about this project you might want to think about one small problem that could come up. I don't think the VN Government folks would take too kindly to expats starting up there own business taking tourist around the countryside showing them Vietnam. I could be wrong......

Have a look on the net, there are quite a few who already do it. One is Zoom cafe, owned and operated by an expat.,some others are Hoi An tours owned by and Aussie,Wing It, owned by an Aussie and many more.If you are no threat to Saigontourist or other government owned tourist companies, you can keep a low profile.Im only talking about a very low key business, maybe 10 customers a month, that small.

I'm just a support rider but this guy seems to be an expat and runs supposedly the #1 motorbike touring company in Vietnam.

XO Tour bike

I think he really concentrates on stuff around Saigon.

khanh44 colinoscapee Just thought I'd mention it, go for it if you can. I would mention two things though. XO Tour bike is run by a Viet-kieu with obvious ties in  the country. Zoom Café it appears is a café that offers tours on Vespa's that is run by a Vietnamese Company.

thanks Budman I don't know how things run in Vietnam but any excuse to get out of the house and away from the wife is a bonus.

Its actually owned by an expat, of course his wifes name is on the registration. A mate of mine does tours for him, you can read about him on the net. I hear what your saying Budman, but  I have been here now for 6 years, started a business from scratch when I first came here. I know what your saying, but, as I said Im not looking at doing anything major. A mate of mine even took the staff of the US embassy on a tour of Saigon, he is not a registered business as such.Thanks for your input.

Appreciate your feedback Budman.

I thnk it's such a great idea. But I think you need more informations about law, business registation, tax, ... You need ask someone have experinces in business for foreigner in Vietnam. BTW, good look to you :)

I know all about that as I have done it before.