The Law of Labor in The Private Sector 2013 PDF?

Hi All,

I would like to ask for a PDF or other format file with The Law of Labor in The Private Sector 2013 (in Kuwait of course). I have only PDF file with 2010, but would like to be more up-to-date.

Could anybody help me?
Regards,
Joanna

Joanna hello and welcome to Expat.com - that is a very interesting request, i just realized that the one i am reading is outdated, same as the one u have.

we need a legal consult on this; i'm hoping MsJayDee would grace us with her opinion - what i believe is that the 2010 version available on the internet now is the updated version, where they updated certain paragraphs etc.

Law No. 6 of 2010, the Law of Labour in the Private Sector is the most recent labour law. The last one was promulgated in 1964. So the promulgation of the new law in 2010 was necessary.

There may be different practices implemented at MOSAL (the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour, like with all other Ministries, but the law is the same. There may be a few resolutions out there but I haven't seen one myself.

:D MsJayDee :one!

got something for ya:

Question: if there is a dispute between labor law and company's law, which should prevail?

clarification: labor law, article 67:
Article (67)
The worker shall be entitled to a paid weekend which is equal to 24 continuous hours after every six
working days. The employer may call the worker for work during his weekend if the necessity arises. The Law of Labor in the Private Sector The worker shall be entitled to at least 50 percent of his remuneration, in addition to his original
remuneration and to another day off instead of the one on which he worked.
The preceding paragraph does not affect the calculation of the worker's rights including his daily
remuneration and his leaves. This right is calculated by dividing is remuneration by the actual working days without including the weekends, although these weekends are paid.

based on my understanding, it seems the law is saying the working month does not include fridays - so if a company is calculating your daily pay by dividing your salary by 30, that would be incorrect right?

also, does this para mean that when one takes leave that friday should not be included?

Related to law question:

I've been trying to find a copy of the rental law in Kuwait which I believe is dated 1978. All I could fine are tidbits and articles. Any idea?

Just to stop this train before it takes on any more passengers. I do not and will give legal advice. So, please don't ask.

Bullfrog: try this link (on page: 121) :Decree 35 of 1978 I don't know if this is what you're talking about. I Googled it and found it.

Legacy, I have no idea. We can discuss over lunch. :)

Do anyone here has a copy of the new labor law? I've beeen browsing the web and could only find the 2010 Kuwait labor law, and the one from arab times which said the new Kuwait private sector labor law but it said there it should be publish first in the gazzet first for it to be an official labor law. Was that approve? Can anyone please verify, if that law was published and approved; and can anyone post a PDF copy of that updated and approved law if there is. Thank you.

Things didn't change  (to the best of my knowledge) since 2010. I worked in a company that implements these laws in company systems, so I kinda know these laws by heart ;) If you need any specific help just drop me a line.

Regards,

trust me friends, just as JFU said - knowing the law, especially for companies, gets you jack-diddily-squat. there is no law that stipulates that firms have to abide by the laws, do you get it?

for example, there are companies that still keep the passports of their employees, despite it being illegal now (technically).

also, there are companies that deduct friday from your annual leave, despite the labor law saying it is a public holiday.

don't dwell on it.