Car insurance

I think i have done the mission impossible, possible!
Adviced from the forum on insurance companys i phoned Elmo insurance on a quotation for our Volvo C70.

It was no problem to insure a UK registred car, owned by a Swede not living on Malta.

They wanted the milage, CC and horsepower on the car so i mailed that info and got a quotation on 254 euro for third party, fire and theft!!

The cost for only third party in the UK was £950.

Car insurance CHECK

Maltom wrote:

I think i have done the mission impossible, possible!
Adviced from the forum on insurance companys i phoned Elmo insurance on a quotation for our Volvo C70.

It was no problem to insure a UK registred car, owned by a Swede not living on Malta.

They wanted the milage, CC and horsepower on the car so i mailed that info and got a quotation on 254 euro for third party, fire and theft!!

The cost for only third party in the UK was £950.

Car insurance CHECK

So not exactly got it yet, just a quote!

Terry

Slightly off topic a little

.........however, I am liking you 'car avatars' at the moment Terry. :cool:

Cheers

Mike

Thanks, all mine as some time or another.

At least you already have a quote for the insurance. I have not even got the quote for the car yet. I requested a quote for a specific brand new car to Muscat Motors/Mizzi and get no response yet in quite a lot of days. Even though I mailed to the general e-mail address and also to two specific mails from 2 different salesmen. Curiously in the meantime I asked for the same model of car but used (approved car) to 6 official dealers in the UK and all of them answered in a few hours.

Looks like with the monopoly they seem to have (they are the only official dealer of many car brands in Malta), they do not even need to answer e-mails to sell enough cars.

@Lusco try to go there personally that worked quite fine for me.

michael78 wrote:

@Lusco try to go there personally that worked quite fine for me.

I will first try to phone them. In the meantime I am investigating a few things about the car I expect to buy.

tearnet wrote:

So not exactly got it yet, just a quote!

Terry

This is the Cynic in your Terry yes.

J.

Lusco  you can also try a guy called Keith Laferla if you need any details then PM me although Elmo are very good.

Julian

scubaboy wrote:

Lusco  you can also try a guy called Keith Laferla if you need any details then PM me although Elmo are very good.

Julian

Julian I think you misunderstood my message or maybe you was speaking to @Maltom. I have not got a quote from the official car dealer yet (insurance quotes will go next).

i have the insurance on my computer, not only the quotation!

Maltom, what other companies have you asked for a quotation?

I called Elmo and got a fair deal so i decided to take it! No problem, passportnumber and my Maltese adress!

Thats me being ahead of the game Lusco ;)

Lusco wrote:
scubaboy wrote:

Julian

Julian I think you misunderstood my message or maybe you was speaking to @Maltom. I have not got a quote from the official car dealer yet (insurance quotes will go next).