Swapping spanish for english

Hi everybody.

I'm david from Peru lima, a very fun guy with one dream "being fluent in english".

I think the only way to get fluent is by being surrounded by native speakers. Institutes only teach the enough they can for people to understand and to speak, but not much!. I know because I was myself one of those.

So I was thinking about the posibility if you english speaking people like the idea to practice your spanish with peruvian people who like practising english, I think it'll be fun and worth it for the benefits of everyone.

Well, I am currently practising english through yahoo messenger with americans and british people by speaking with a mic, but I guess something is still missing:/

I don't know guys if you have any idea to make it more vivid like for example do a club for sightseeing Lima would be one.

Any suggestions?

Best regards to all of you.

Bye ;)

David - I know two retired English ladies who live in Spain (in different cities) who are looking for someone from latin America to practise their spanish with, and who are willing to help with English practise in return.
If you are interested in writing via email with them, or speaking on Skype, then send me an email.

David,

You may already have found someone to trade language training with.

If not, I am planning on going to Peru (hopefully Chachapoyas) in September), very much need to learn Spanish, so would be interested in talking with you about trading language skills.

I'm a former teacher....

johdan

Hi Johdan,

It is nice to meet you.

Trading language skills is much better when speaking with native speakers of any kind of language. I like practising english because it is a hobby. and how about you? How much spanish do you want to get?

Im 24 and I use english everyday at work, but I'd like to get more vocabulary, you know slangs, idioms, etc!

So you can find me everyday at night at:
[email protected]

This is yahoo messenger that lets you use a microphone.

See you,

david

Hey man,
Some buddies and I (they're American, I'm Canadian) will be in Lima, most likely either Barranco or Miraflores on July 1st. I'm partial to having a go at the Calle Carrion (sp?), but I suspect we'll end up at the Calle de Pizza (!?). You're welcome to practice the English on us if you help us practice the Spanish in the clubs. I hear the Ladies of Lima can be a bit wild for our mellow blood :) No better way to learn a language than over beers. My email is [email protected].

Cheers man.
George

I hate to butt in on this thread for a private matter, but George, I've been trying to reply to your PM and no idea why I can't send it.  I'd be more than happy to give you guys the insider scoop on Cusco and show you around a bit as well if you like, can you drop me a line at camden [at] brinkofsomethingelse.com?
Cheers,
Cam

Hi Camden and welcome to Expat.com :)
Your mailbox should be unblocked after you posted a few topics on the forums !
Why wouldn't you give us all your insight on Cusco so that everybody gets informed?

Hey man,

sounds cool, I already added you, and still waiting for your reply.

Yeah peruvian women are so, tell me about it, :lol:, and also let tell you this, chicks in here never say never when it comes to have a good time, then you'll notice they're gonna be like your own shadow.

many things to say about it but it could be a little hard to say with a lot of women around here, lmao.

So I hope to see you after your hotmail reply.

regards

david