Pinoy sa Lima / Filipinos at Lima

Good morning to Everyone, I'm Melvi Velásquez from Lima-Peru, I'm peruvian and so interested to extend my pinoy friends at Lima. We are a filipino-peruvian family, me and my pinay wife will be happy to know some more about you or to meet us in some commercial place of Lima to make friendship, to practice spanish, to practice tagalog, to know  some more about Lima and Peru also to work.
I'm professional and entrepeneur. I invite you join us in facebook too xxx

Best Regards.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hello Ms. Melvi or shall i say Mrs..  :)  i would like to know how is Employment there in Peru. Is there any chance that i could find a job there? I am currently here in Cyprus and my contract and visa will soon lapse. I found on the net that we Philippine citizens has visa exemption for 183 days. I need information hope you will help me with this. Thank you..  :)  :)

Hi Joanna, Here have many jobs that you can aply if you know some spanish language, also about english speakers workers, check at:

If you want to work in Peru you will need a special visa called “el Carné de extranjeria” which could be translated as “Foreign Resident ID Card”. With the Carné de extranjeria you are allowed to work in Peru and you don’t have a limit on the number of days you can stay. However you will need to pay $20 US Dollars a year and an initial fee of $200 US Dollars.

Other than being married to a Peruvian or having Peruvian family, to apply for the Carné de extranjeria you will need to have a contract with a company that wants to hire you. The contract must be for a year minimum. Unfortunately it is more complicated for companies to hire a foreigner than to hire a Peruvian and they are only allowed to hire a certain amount of foreigners to their company.

If you find a way to get hired, then you need to fill in this form: and pay $49.90 USD to the Banco de la Nacion. You will bring the receipt of your payment together with a copy of your passport and a copy of you TAM card (the paper you received at the airport when entering Peru).

Next you book an appointment with INTERPOL where you take an exam and pay the fee of $200 USD at the Banco de la Nacion and an additional of $20 USD for an inscription in the “Foreigners Register”.

You will also need to hand in 2 photos in “tamaño carnet” size (similar to passport size but ask at the place where you take your photos for “tamaño carnet”). Finally, you also need to fill in this document. This ensures that you haven’t committed any criminal activities in Peru or in any other country.

Please note that if you are applying for the Carné de extranjeria as a family member to an officer, due to a religious commitment in Peru or as a refugee, the conditions are different.

Also note that the process of applying for the Carné de extranjeria can be a bit complicated and the procedure is not always the same for everyone so make sure that you ask about the details of the procedure at the immigration office. Not all speak English so if you aren’t fluent in Spanish make sure you bring someone who can translate for you.

Hi melvi.. glad to see your post. I'm Jennie Glenn.. hope to meet you and your wife.. I just came here in Peru last january.. looking forward to meet other Filipinos living here too.

hello guys... been here in Lima for 8 months now, hoping that i can meet more Filipinos here.

xxx Hope to meet Filipinos here. God Bless!

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please write only in english on the anglophone forum. Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please write only in english on the anglophone forum. Thank you

Sa Miraflores po, I'm still looking for a Job as a teacher.  Hoping to find one.

Questions and answers about Lima

Ask your question
Dr.M.Jaffer Merchant
accommodation for a week
By Dr.M.Jaffer Merchant
Bogota versus Lima
By Pter22
Carnet de Extranjeria (Foreigner ID Card)
By russpeters
Finally moving, questions about Visa
By JayG
Free sport sessions in Miraflores
By pythafleur
[Interviews] Danielle in Lima
By Veedushi

Expatriate health insurance in Lima

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Lima

Moving to Lima

Find tips from professionals about moving to Lima

Travel insurance in Lima