Looking for dressmaking / sewing lessons in English

Hi all,

I'd like to learn how to make clothes, and am looking for classes or a tutor who can teach me in English.

I can sew well enough - I have my own sewing machine, do quilting and can do simple alterations. But I have never made anything from a pattern, or even done basic clothes things like put in a zipper, made a buttonhole, etc.

Would be great if there were classes I could join, or if there is someone who already teaches classes on this. For instance, I have the most fantastic quilting teacher here in Budapest, who teaches in both English and Hungarian: quiltstudio.eu/quitstudio/ and if there is a dressmaking equivalent to her, how fabulous.

But I really don't need a professional tutor, just someone who is able to walk me through it and teach me the basics. Anyone have a mum or friend who wants to make a bit of extra cash? Happy to go to them, or they could even come to my house and teach me here on my machine, if that suits better.

Thanks in advance, everyone! :)

Hello Margle.

Maybe you could post an advert in the Classes section in the Budapest classsifieds. It might help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: no free ads pls + post in Budapest classes classifieds]

Hi DSewClub! Where are you? Your facebook page indicates that classes are run in London. Or possibly Malaysia? Do you have classes in Budapest?