Traveling rights of a temporary residence permit holder

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if I need a visa to travel in any EU/EEA countries when I have a residence card (temporary) issued to me by Norway effective until 2016.

Anybody who has travelled on same condition like mine?
Please share any info.

Thanks

Pao

Hi Pao,

With the residence card issued by Norwegian government, you can freely travel within the EU except UK...absolutely no worries...
I have traveled a lot sameway....

Just carry the card with you.

Cheers.

Amit

Amit Pawar wrote:

Hi Pao,

With the residence card issued by Norwegian government, you can freely travel within the EU except UK

since Norway isn't part of EU, isn't it free travel within Schengen or EEA countries? For example, Iceland is not EU but there is no passport control when traveling from Norway to Iceland because both are in the Schengen agreement. UK is not in Schengen so there is passport control.

As ECS points out you can travel in all the Schengen area which includes many EU members but not all and also some non EU members

Thanks Amit

Hi ECS, thanks for the time to answer.

ECS wrote:
Amit Pawar wrote:

Hi Pao,

With the residence card issued by Norwegian government, you can freely travel within the EU except UK

since Norway isn't part of EU, isn't it free travel within Schengen or EEA countries? For example, Iceland is not EU but there is no passport control when traveling from Norway to Iceland because both are in the Schengen agreement. UK is not in Schengen so there is passport control.