Coming in August

First of all, I have been lurking on this board for awhile and I appreciate all of the very helpful information you all share.  My wife and I are moving to Kuwait in August and we have looked at varying reports of life there, so this is a great resource!  I am beginning to search for a job for myself and would like some help, if any of you can offer it. 

My wife will be teaching at an international school, so my housing and travel to and from USA is already taken care of.  In regards to employment, I am a baseball coach so there isn't much of  market in Kuwait for my skills.  We are excited about spending a few years there and traveling throughout the region before we settle down and raise a family, but we are planning on using whatever money I earn as our travel fund. 

I have a lot of varied experience but I am not a certified teacher, though I do have five years of classroom teaching experience.  In America certificates are meaningless compared to competence.  I got an undergrad degree in business and a Master's degree in communication, but I have taught Philosophy and Religion courses the past five years a top notch college prep school, in addition to my baseball duties.  I have seven years of experience at the university level and have even served as the dean of a national liberal arts university.  I find it frustrating to know that Kuwait does not find me to be qualified to teach, this is in fact laughable.

That being said, any idea how I might go about landing a job that has a similar schedule to my wife's teaching schedule?  We can't do much travel if I am working when she is off on the weekends!  I am an extrovert who loves people, dynamic environments, and hard work and I have been successful at everything I have ever tried - I just need to get my foot in the door somewhere. 

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

Hi,

I will be moving at the end of August and I am also currently in Houston. Hope to see you there!

since you are technically into sports why not try to apply for a position as a PE teacher at school's here?

Hi Texas2Step and welcome to Expat-blog.
Do not be in hurry.You will find job but it will take some time :).

Texas2step try to apply in alshaya company.... its a good company....