Nice areas to live in Malta

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can give us some advice please, we are looking to move to Malta from Gozo, we dont drive so would like to live in a pleasant, safe area within 10/15 mins walk to a supermarket, health centre and cafes etc and also has good bus routes to the airport and Valetta, we dont have any children so schools are not a priority and we are not into drinking and going out to nightclubs etc so dont need that sort of scene, being near a nice park and the sea would also be good.  We would like a 2 bedroom place and only have a budget up to about 250 euros a month, would this be possible? Any suggestions of good areas and areas to avoid would be much appreciated as we dont know Malta very well, we will want to make friends in the area so a good sense of community and a mix of maltese and ex pats would be great, thanks in advance.

Hi

This is a 'nice area' to live in.......

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachments/past-entries/16949d1123720627-pretty-bay-birzebbuga-malta-dsc_0735.jpg

....and it has everything on your 'wish list'

Good Luck

Mike

do we get a hint of where it is Mike :-)

Hi patchwork3,

I live in the north of Malta, in Mellieha, and to be honest, for me it's a really nice place to live.
It's very closed to the beach, closed to Gozo Ferry, there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars, straight buses to Valleta, Sliema, ect, and I think that the nearest big supermarket (SmartSupermarket), it's about 15 kms away, in Birkikara.
In regards to your budget for accommodation, not sure if you can get a decent apartment for that price, but you can always try.

Good luck!

georgeingozo wrote:

do we get a hint of where it is Mike :-)

:lol:

Thankyou mantonas, sounds nice where you are.  Nice picture Mike, would love to know which area it is in, looks expensive though, lol

There is a shoppers supermarket (part of GS) in Mellieha too. Piscopos cash and carry is also not far away in st pauls bay as is Scotts in Burmaraad. This is usually enough for us.... although a trip to San Gwanne for Lidl (alternatives are at Qormi, Luqa Santa Venera and Safi... Pavi the largest supermarket is in Qormi too.

Sorry everyone

bit of a tease wasn't it........oops

It's Birżebbuġa at night........thought Scoobs might have chipped in with the answer to the 'guess where I am' quiz.

(now there's a thought for a new thread......)

Mike

so where are you Mike.

Thanks toon and Mike