I AM FUTURE DALAT CITIZEN. WELCOME TO DALAT - THE LITTLE PARIS!

I am very happy when Expat open forum for Dalat. Because last time, we have to use Hochiminh forum for talking about Dalat.

Just spent a wonderful week in Da Lat.  Really like it better than Hanoi, HCMC, Nha Trang and Hue.  The weather and the people just seem friendlier to me. I am looking for a 2 bedroom house for rent.  If anyone can help.....

Yes, this is great. Hope it gets a lot on participation.

Oh, Nice to meet Mrs Minh Tu (mom)! :P
I want to tell to you about DaLat: climate, foods, people or flowers.
                                 Your old sister

Hi DCDC hoangngan03,

I see that you are building your schedule for flying to Condao from Hanoi in Sept?

Any interesting in Hanoi at the moment?

When is anyone going to start talking about Da Lat? Many say they want to talk about Da Lat and then talk about Hanoi.

I think at the moment, Dalat is in the rain because rain season but people around Dalat are in Coffee harvesting & picking.

But, visitors to Dalat in late December (December 27 – 31) will see the organization of the 2013 culture and tourism week in this attractive city of South Central Highlands of Vietnam. The even consists of four main activities: the 1st ASEAN-Vietnam UNESCO heritage festival Dalat – Lam Dong; the celebration of the 120th anniversary of Dalat's establishment and development; the fifth Dalat flower festival; and the announcing of the 2014 National Tourism Year.

There will be 23 programmes to be organized including eight main ones and fifteen responding ones. Typical programmes are an international workshop on the UNESCO heritage network in Southeast Asia, a seminar on Dalat's flowers and tourism, an exhibition on Dalat's flowers, a performance exchange on ASEAN – Vietnam UNESCO intangible cultural heritage, and Vietnam UNESCO heritage carnival.

So expatriates, please schedule your holiday time for visiting Dalat in end of December, only 3 months from now.

I hope to come back Vietnam and Dalat at that time and have a party with Vietnam & Dalat expatriates at that time!

I just return to Dalat today after over 2 years working and living in Pakse, Champasak, Lao P.D.R.
Many change compared last visit. Any one need support about Dalat, please contact me at ++++. Because I bought SIM at Border, so I need time to change new number and update later.
No rain today, enough cool and little cold. Coffee, please drop me.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : please be careful when sending personal details on a public forum + use the private message pls

Hi hongminh1905,

As this thread is a bit old now... Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Da Lat Forum for better visibility please :)

Thank you

Maximilien