I want to live in dalat,does anyone know where i can learn vietnamese

HI everyone.i'm from china, i want to live in dalat.Ho chi minh is so hot!:(
and i want to find a house and a vietnamese language center in dalat city. Does anyone know that? thanks a lot.

I am clear about Dalat because I bought a land for house in there.

When you will go to Dalat for living and working?

For Vietnamese learning, you can go to Dalat University or Yersin University, it is easy to learn than learning in Language Center. If not, you can learn Vietnamese at AMA: www.ama.edu.vn/en/contact/ama-da-lat.html.

In June, I will back Dalat for living If you want to learn by me, I can teach you!

thanks a lot. i'll go to dalat next week. i think  i'll go to dalat university to learn more information. by the way, do you know it's easy to rent a house in dalat or not? there  nearly no house information  for rent on internet about dalat.

Hi Lee,

Nice new week to you!

In Dalat, you can easy to rent a private house with under 300USD/month. Normally, only around 100 USD/month.

When you go there, you should to find a Real Estate for helping. If you can not speak Vietnamese, it is not easy for you find a house by yourself.

I am sorry because I am not in Vietnam now, not in Dalat current, if not, I can help you.

There are some apartments, example Bach Dang-Ngo Quyen aparment in Bach Dang-Ngo Quyen Population Area, they lease with 2 dining room, a living room, 2 toilets, around 60 square meter with around 5.000.000 VND/month.

Some information, hope can help you. Any problem, don't hesistate to contact me free at yahoo, skype or Lao Phone number: +856.209.879.7778

thank you hong minh.it's so cheap compare to saigon,i'll call you when i need you help.thanks a lot.

Don't mention! If you live there, I have more friend! So friends can help together.

You can call me any times you need information or help! I will back to Dalat around June 2013. Hope to see you at that time.

Have you come to da lat yet?

i've been in dalat for more than two weeks

I've sent you a message for private contact. Hope you will enjoy your staying here

Hi enigma

How do you like Dalat so far ? :)

I hope you do not mind, I like to ask  hongminh some questions about living in Dalat as well.

Hi HongMinh, I am also thinking of living in Dalat. I just visited Dalat 3 weeks ago and frankly, fell in love with the place. I am looking to rent a nice house with a garden, any idea how much monthly rental am I looking at? As a foreigner are we allowed to buy land/houses? What about the job situation? I like to teach English in Dalat as well will Dalat University hire a foreigner.

Hope you can take sometime to answer some of my queries. Thanks in advance.

Dear,

As I shared already, you can teach English in AMA Dalat or Yersin University or Dalat University.

I can not enclose link here because rule of Expat. You can choose google.com.vn then search "AMA Dalat", "Yersin University" or "Dalat University", all websites have english version for reading.

For housing/apartment for rent, because I am still in Pakse so I am not sure current situation of renting but it is not difficult for you to rent a private house with garden in Dalat. The fee is around 300 - 500 USD depend on square, place and site.

I will find the link then send private inbox to you!

Welcome to live in Dalat! See you in near future when I come back!

Hi

Thanks so much for the tips.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the links when you have time to look for them.

Can a foreigner buy a car in Dalat?

Thanks again

Hi,

I have been doing real estate development over 9 years in Dalat. The homes are western design in a gated, luxurious, and central location. Price ranges from 200-600 usd a month. The units are fully furnished. for more information, check out anadacommunity.com

I checked with the university there. They have a language department and I think they offer it.

I'm local.  I don't think it's hard for you to buy a car in Dalat but car is expensive here in Vietnam. 

You can get married with Vietnamese so you can buy houses here.

@Enigma Are you living in Dalat now? did we see each other offline ? Do you know Escape bar ?
my email is : [email protected]

thanks for the info.

:) I am already married. So foreigner can't buy house then?

thanks again

No, You can't but I think rent a house is better lol

hi....I'm plan to visit to research this option>>>>>>>>.....90 days+ time then..>>>>>>>....I look for quiet village type location...outside Da Lat.......maybe on road from coast...but high with good weather........search will be for studio /residence........with electric+internet...also need house keeper+ assistant+driver.....can be the one person?......does not have to be modern but must be secure......workshop/old agricultural or industrial type building...that sort of thing......clean ~ secure internet connect....electric...can re develop if necessary...hello...who am I talk too?

hi....I'm plan to visit to research this option>>>>>>>>.....90 days+ time then..>>>>>>>....I look for quiet village type location...outside Da Lat.......maybe on road from coast...but high with good weather........search will be for studio /residence........with electric+internet...also need house keeper+ assistant+driver.....can be the one person?......does not have to be modern but must be secure......workshop/old agricultural or industrial type building...that sort of thing......clean ~ secure internet connect....electric...can re develop if necessary...hello...who am I talk too?

Scott, so you be staying in DaLat for 90 DAYS to look into whether you be staying in Dalat or Not, is that correct, or you be staying all together 90 DAYS and looking for studio/residence that is outside of DaLat?

Electrical, internet, house keeper, driver (car or motor bike?), workshop, agricultural building, these are common things that it is easy for you to obtain.

How important is the quality of the house you are renting (in term of design, comfortability, cleanliness?).

What is the price range you are looking for, as this will help narrow down the location.

Kristina (expat in DaLat over 7 years)

Good noon, Chi Giang,

Can you speak Vietnamese? Are you Canadian or half Canadian, half Vietnamese? Your name is Kristina or Giang? Which district in Dalat are you living now?

When I come back Dalat, I will meet you there! How is about Dalat at the moment? Still rain or not rain these days?

christina, is it possiple to find a house in ward 8/9? how much will it cost for a 3-5 rooms house -furnished?
Is it easy to find a nany/housekeeper? how much is the salary- live in/out?

Dear Suzi,

Hi, regarding your questions: Yes, it is possiple to find a house in ward 8/9 with 3-5 rooms house and furnished. The price can range from anything between 200 USD- 600 USD. It really depends on the quality of the house you are looking for. For example, like hotel rooms depending on 1 star to 5 star quality. In term of house pricing, it will be dependent on these factors.

We have many expat renting for 200 USD, but of course, the quality is like 1-2 star, and they are not happy with it, what ends up happening is that they spend their own money upgrading (bathrooms, tiles, shower, ect....)

It is very easy to find a house keeper and nanny. The salary ranges between 120 USD- 170 USD per month. Also, you could have someone come and clean your house 3-4 times a week, each time costs you about 3 USD.

I hope this help Suzi.

Kristina

thanks a lot Chris, is this your number? anadacommunity.com/for-rent.html
would definitely contact you when we relocate there.

Dear Hong Minh:

My name is Kristina. Last name is Giang. Currently, I am living in District 1 of DaLat.

Currently, it is raining season in DaLat, thus, it halfs 80% of the time. It should be over however, in 1 month or so. I look forward to meeting you when you are in DaLat.

Best Regards,

Kristina

hi Kristina...that is very quick reply......thank you for suggest I will have adequate choice in design etc and I see in other contacts listed...the price for find  staff...etc.....thank you again....for reply......I will contact you....with my agenda....when closer to my arrival......I have flexible time regime at present so must leave the matter incomplete.....you can email images of any options you think might suit....or direct me to appropriate resource...where I can view design choices...very prompt...very impressive ....cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều!

Dear Paul Scott,

You are very welcome Scott. Relocating takes a lot of time and effort, when you are ready to come,I look forward into meeting you. 

To view the quality differences between prices (395 USD vs 598 USD, you could view it on this website: anadacommunity.com.

But of course, there are cheaper prices, like between 150 USD-300 USD as well.

I will email you soon with those lower prices houses.

Hope this help Scott,

Kristina

[Moderated: pls post in the Houses for rent in Ho Chi Minh City section]

Hi,
Da Lat is a great place to live with beautiful sight seeing places and lots of fresh air! But, it's kind of quite place and suitable for the elderly than youngsters :)
However, it's a paradise for fresh vegetables and blossom lovers, then.:)

Hello,
          New to this blog and I am researching the cost of living in Dalat- also if anyone has information on the delta as well....looking at rental prices for four bedrooms plus, also what is the schooling situation I have young children! Would need a professional language tutor and some help gettin to know the area.... Thanks!!

Thanks

Jonathan

I just returned from DaLat on a house hunting mission myself. DaLat is a great deal different than many VN cities that I have been in. As for housing you can get huge beautiful houses for $600 USD or less per month. Problem is they are TOO big. Their houses are wider than in most cities I've been to as well, w/ yard to boot.
I did not check, but I did not see any Western schools or anything like that. It is not an issue for me as I intend to homeschool.
There is not much for international cuisine either. They just got a Big C supermarket that is very nice, and somewhat like a US mall. It is much easier to get around and the motorbike drivers more cautious I think. They make a concerted effort to keep the streets clean of trash as well.
I just love it there and can't wait to get moved there. I was told by the way, that there are about 500 expats who live there. There are said to be about 150 expats that attend a group on the first Saturday of each month.
Be careful when renting though. Most try to get you to pay one YEARS rent in advance. All I talked to want the rent paid 3 months at a time with one month security deposit. I would check out a house as it is raining also. I think all but one house we looked at had some sort of leak and we shopped when it was coming down.Perhaps that is why they want a year in advance. Collect there money up front because they know you won't stay long because you don't want to repair the leak and they won't.

bta87 wrote:

I just returned from DaLat on a house hunting mission myself. DaLat is a great deal different than many VN cities that I have been in. As for housing you can get huge beautiful houses for $600 USD or less per month. Problem is they are TOO big. Their houses are wider than in most cities I've been to as well, w/ yard to boot.
I did not check, but I did not see any Western schools or anything like that. It is not an issue for me as I intend to homeschool.
There is not much for international cuisine either. They just got a Big C supermarket that is very nice, and somewhat like a US mall. It is much easier to get around and the motorbike drivers more cautious I think. They make a concerted effort to keep the streets clean of trash as well.
I just love it there and can't wait to get moved there. I was told by the way, that there are about 500 expats who live there. There are said to be about 150 expats that attend a group on the first Saturday of each month.
Be careful when renting though. Most try to get you to pay one YEARS rent in advance. All I talked to want the rent paid 3 months at a time with one month security deposit. I would check out a house as it is raining also. I think all but one house we looked at had some sort of leak and we shopped when it was coming down.Perhaps that is why they want a year in advance. Collect there money up front because they know you won't stay long because you don't want to repair the leak and they won't.

Most places try to get as much money as possible from us. It is that short term mentality. Wanting to get as much as possible from us at once. Use this to your advantage, waving cash can get you deep discount because they want the money now. I have also found that having a local police officer with you keeps them from taking advantage of you in the future. It is amazing the good will a few beers in public can buy you.

Ancient,
  You are so right. I really did not finish my thought. They indeed asked for one year in advance.
At that pony I just walk away end of discussion for manifold reasons. One being that more than likely something is amiss. At which time all of them start cutting the ransom in insane ways. One guy wanted $350 USD a month w/ one year in advance. When I walked he offered it for $50 a month with one year in advanced. For me I smell something odd in the air. To the OP, be careful with this type of stuff and begin to really check out the property to see what it is that is wrong. Even the police being with you will not help once you sign the lease and find out you live in a lake when it rains.

Easyenglishhouse wrote:

Hi,
Da Lat is a great place to live with beautiful sight seeing places and lots of fresh air! But, it's kind of quite place and suitable for the elderly than youngsters :)
However, it's a paradise for fresh vegetables and blossom lovers, then.:)

I liked Da Lat when I visited Vietnam. It is much cooler and I really like the farmland. I do a lot of gardening myself. Since I am an old woman it would be perfect for me. :lol:

bta87 wrote:

Ancient,
  You are so right. I really did not finish my thought. They indeed asked for one year in advance.
At that pony I just walk away end of discussion for manifold reasons. One being that more than likely something is amiss. At which time all of them start cutting the ransom in insane ways. One guy wanted $350 USD a month w/ one year in advance. When I walked he offered it for $50 a month with one year in advanced. For me I smell something odd in the air. To the OP, be careful with this type of stuff and begin to really check out the property to see what it is that is wrong. Even the police being with you will not help once you sign the lease and find out you live in a lake when it rains.

I just like them to know I have a friend with authority incase they decide to screw with my good nature.

Hi Everyone,

Being doing real estate development and renting to expats for over 7 years. We always just ask for only 3 months payment and 1 month deposit. Also, most immigration offices only grant 3 months visa, thus, it makes sense we just take 3 months in advanced with 1 month deposit.

That is pretty standard procedure.

Also recommendation, is to always make sure the house is properly registered for foreigners to be eligible to rent ( approval of fire department, background check of landlord from city police, and city police approval). This procedure takes about 1- 2 months to approval. Thus, always ask if the house is eligible for foreigners to rent.

Kristina

Hi Kristina,
   That is good info on checking out landlords. I was not aware of that. I did to know, but presumed that the payment of 3 months rent in advance applied to expats for the very reason you mention.
But the asking for a year in advance seems a little fishy to me.
   For all who don't know Ms. Kristina, soon to be moony Kristina she is a wonderful person and a great help if you are interested in DaLat. Thanks Kristina for all the help.

Misa,
  You really are taking in to much MSG if you think your in the granny stage. I get your point though.
But the gentleman is probably right if your into the wild night life. DaLat did not seem to be a real "Swinging" place. That is probably why old geezers like you and I love it so. Yet I did not enjoy that type of life when I was young like you either!:lol: By the way your getting up rather late, or is it staying up rather late?

bta87 wrote:

Misa,
  You really are taking in to much MSG if you think your in the granny stage. I get your point though.
But the gentleman is probably right if your into the wild night life. DaLat did not seem to be a real "Swinging" place. That is probably why old geezers like you and I love it so. Yet I did not enjoy that type of life when I was young like you either!:lol: By the way your getting up rather late, or is it staying up rather late?

Saigon is too hot! My mom's hometown is too hot! Da lat is just right! I sound like Goldilocks and the three bears... :P Well I was told that I looked very young for my age (45) but that I was still considered old woman in Vietnam. :mad:....:lol:  I should start a thread about that, right? Foreign women in Vietnam? :cool:

MIA,
  Yes, that would be a great thread, even better, OLDER Foreign women in VN. I would love to read it, but I'm afraid I have little to add. Oh perhaps the older part. I wonder how many of you there are here? I'm with you on the to hot. I just got back from DL and I'm having a problem readjusting to the HCM heat still. Locked up under the A/C. I had acclimated a bit. I must tell you after being in DL I dislike HCM more than ever. Not that I ever had a great love for it. I'll look for that thread.

P.S. if that is your pic you do look very young for your age.

MIA2013 wrote:
bta87 wrote:

Misa,

Saigon is too hot! My mom's hometown is too hot! Da lat is just right! I sound like Goldilocks and the three bears... :P Well I was told that I looked very young for my age (45) but that I was still considered old woman in Vietnam. :mad:....:lol:  I should start a thread about that, right? Foreign women in Vietnam? :cool:

MIA you look hot! If you were only single.... Da Lat is a wonderful place, no AC needed there, my hotel only had a fan and I was fine with that. Really interesting sites there.

Closed